If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Rideau Park, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Rideau Park Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
The Business of Dog Walking.
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
Dog Walking and Weight Loss.
Ask any dog lover and he will tell you that a dog gives far more joy than anything else. After all, it is man's best friend. Come home after a long day of work and your canine will be at the door barking welcome even as you fumble with your house keys. Rebuke him for some wickedness and get ready for a day of skulking around with his tail between his legs. Of course, he will just be waiting for a signal from you that indicates that you are no longer mad at him. Dogs are among the most forgiving creatures in the world, and most have very sweet dispositions.
In this day and age of late marriages and even later pregnancies, many couples who want to become parents do a test drive on a puppy. As puppies begin to be treated as children and family members, it is inevitable that a demand will arise for pet services that extend beyond getting rabies injections. Pet services may extend from anything starting from dog walking to day care for dogs when the owners have to attend to other things. With dogs being left alone for long periods of time as the owners go out to work, centers providing pet services are growing in number.
Dog owners these days have even begun to farm out certain essential jobs like taking the pet for a walk. Walking the dog is an avoidable job unless one is willing to deal with dog excreta within the house. Moreover, every dog should run around a little bit, the lack of which might cause your dog health issues like obesity. Although most dog owners prefer to take their four-legged pets for walks on their own, a large number of dog owners find that hiring dog walkers is a time-saving option. If you are going out on a vacation, leaving your dog behind, it may be a smart move to contact a professional dog walker during that period. Hiring dog walkers is a far safer option than getting a neighbor to return an old favor. Hiring someone may not be the cheapest option, but at least you can rest assured that your beloved dog is getting a good walk.
Most pet service centers do a lot of things ranging from grooming to breeding to providing medical care to training the dogs. Dog training is a very essential aspect of raising that four-legged creature. Just as you would teach manners to your own offspring, you have to teach manners to your canine. There are a large number of dog trainers whose aim is to produce an army of well-behaved mutts. If you are unable to teach your dog to sit, stand, or fetch, it may be a good idea to get professional help. Different canines have different degrees of attention spans and professional trainers may be better placed to help your dog behave as well as nobility. So that the next time you have guests over, they will be impressed by the good behavior of that formerly unruly mutt.
These days there are pet service centers galore. You just have to decide what services your canine would be most likely to benefit from and then look for providers for those services.