If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in East Shepard Industrial, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst East Shepard Industrial Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in East Shepard Industrial Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/se-calgary/
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
How to Select a Dog Walking Service?
Dog Training Collars - A head halter gives the owner complete control over the dog. This training collar is one of the only tools that teaches your dog that you are the leader. There is no pain and owners can have a pleasant walk with very little effort.
Classic training dog collars...prong choke types are difficult to properly use. They are based on performing the desired behavior to avoid pain. These collars can cause permanent damage to structures of the neck and cut off airways. Your dog may be well-behaved and trained to wear a conventional collar and or a harness. You may also be comfortable with a sturdy retractable leash.
Dog Walking Tips - Before you start your dog's tail-wagging stroll, you need to make sure you give some thought to the event. Are you walking down the street or to some other location? Will your dog be well-behaved and obedient?
Call the Department of Parks and Recreation to find locations and data on the dog rules. Some locations do not allow dogs and some allow dogs. You could be ticketed for dog violations. It is a good idea to make sure your dog tags and/or micro chip ID's are on your dog.
What to Bring on the Walk - Normally dogs do not need to wear any type of clothing or jacket. Small dogs or warm weather animals visiting a cold climate are an exception. Dogs naturally try to regulate their own body temperatures. A "pooper scooper" or "dog baggies" are essential for the expedition. Bring water for you and your dog...unless you know it is available at your walking destination. A collapsible water bowl is good idea... some dogs will not drink from other sources.
Find a Dog Walker - If you need to find a dog walker, you will find this is a fast growing business with many listings and available services. Dog Walker Dot Com, is a free service with listings across the United States. You can search by locations, neighborhoods or zip codes. You will be able to find the right company for your pet dog.
Conclusion - It does not matter whether you are walking your dog or finding a dog walker...you canine friend needs exercise and outings to stay healthy. You always want this to be a pleasant and successful campaign..before you depart, make sure you are prepared.
The Benefits of Employing a Professional Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of East Shepard Industrial and near by communities.