If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Cougar Ridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Cougar Ridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalker in Cougar Ridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Expert Dog Walkers and Dog Socialization.
Being a dog walker may look like a simple job. However, it takes more that just a click on the dog leash and a chance to have the exercise with the animal's best friend, the dog. The job can be very rewarding; to be good in this career you have to consider some things and here are the suggestions:
o The size of your career as a dog walker from the very start. Be realistic in the size you see yourself in the business of dog walking.
o Be ready to handle the size of business you have set your mind to build in dog walking.
o Get insurance and be bonded. If you are hiring employees for your business, make sure you interview them well and that they can be trusted.
o Set your price for the service of dog walking you will be providing your clients. Be sure to research around the area to know the reasonable rate for the service.
o Present a professional image in the business cards you give out to clients. Be sure that all the possible ways of getting in contact with you are provided in the card.
o Provide complete information on where and how you do your work as a dog walker. Some information that needs to be communicated to pet owners are the exercises you apply to the dogs, food you serve them and the places where you bring your dogs for walk.
o Learn a lot on the medical and nutritional needs of dogs so you will be able to apply them to the pets given under your supervision.
o Consider other services for value-adding like dog bathing, grooming, training and a lot more.
o Love your canine clients as a dog walker; the more you feel for them, the more you can do your work in providing their needs. Genuine love for canines will provide you with the right instinct on how you can give the tender, loving care they are worth to get from you.
o First aid methods for dogs are a valuable asset you need to learn. You can never know when you might just need them. Moreover, you will be assuring the pet owners that you are a reliable person to handle and keep their dogs safe and healthy while they are not with them.
Staring a business as a dog walker can easily grow when you know just what things you need to learn. Start now and grow fast in the business!
Simple Dog Walking Tips!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Cougar Ridge and near by communities.