If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Castleridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Castleridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Charges For Dog Walking in Castleridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
Most people who do not exercise tend to be prone to diseases like cardiovascular diseases or even chronic diseases. The best exercise some people get is walking from the front door to the car, which will probably be a meter or so. Later, a life threatening condition is discovered and the doctors send you on an exercise program. Just like us, dogs also need to exercise even if you have a big backyard. Even though you live in up market Beverly Hills or Pacific Palisades, where there is plenty of space, your dog still needs to go out. Behavior of dogs has been studied and the dogs with behavioral problems are those that live in isolation and do not get enough exercise. The energy that your dog has will be dissipated on chewing up and scratching the sofas and digging up your favorite roses.
Most dog owners just do not have the time to indulge their pets. If you live in Calgary, then you are in luck. There are pet sitting service providers who will take your dog walking for you. All you need to do is mention where you are and your dog will be collected for his day out. Dog walkers can be hired for a specified period of time from 30 minutes to 2 hours. This will depend on you, the dog parent. The longer a dog is out the better. There are different types of walks offered. There are normal walks like those to the park or just around the neighborhood. These are generally short walks. Then there are nature walks where your dog is taken to the countryside. These walks will take a longer period of time. Nature walks are the best gift to any dog. Not only does he get to be off the leash, he can explore around. Some dog walkers provide a one to one basis service. This is where only your dog is taken out without other dogs. Your dog will enjoy the attention that he will get. There is also group walking. It is also beneficial for your dog as he will learn how to behave with other dogs.
You will see a change in the way your dog behaves. You will be able to manage him better. Obviously he will have to learn leash etiquettes and other basic commands. Some of the most important commands are heel, come and stay. Once he has learned how to heel; he will follow where you lead. Those are just some of the rewards you will get from trusting the Calgary dog walking experts with your dog.
At the end of the day, your dog is rejuvenated physically, mentally and spiritually. This will definitely contribute immensely to growth. Your dog will be healthier and happier. You can look through pet sitting service providers to find the right dog walker and dog walking routine that will suit you and your beloved pet. Walking will keep your dog healthy always.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Castleridge and near by communities.