Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Need A Local Dog Walker: Questions To Find The Right Match For Your Dog?
Often owners of older dogs, small and large, believe that because their dog is no longer a young feisty energetic puppy and that because he/she can hold its pee for 8 to 10 hours, that it does not need to be walked as much. Many owners are also under the false notion that because they have a large yard for that their adult dog will take care of its own exercise needs.
Unfortunately often this is not the case and this can have disastrous repercussions when it comes to your dogs over all health as he/she ages. The fact is that most dogs, like humans, get lazy when it comes to exercise. Often they will opt for laying down in the sun when they are alone outside in the back yard rather than run around. Adult and senior dogs need to be motivated to get in their daily needed exercise.
Why do older dogs need daily exercise as much if not more than puppies?
The answer is that as dogs get older they tend to get more prone to injuries. Their bones and joints, just like humans weaken because of the lack of exercise. Also you pooch's joints and bones evolved over billions of years to carry a lean dog, however today's dogs often eat too much and get to little exercise they endup overweight, which often leads to serious and painful health problems like, hip and joints pain, arthritis and diabetes. This is true for large and small dogs. These are not only painful for your pooch but also very expensive in your veterinary costs.
The best way to can prevent these painful diseases is to feed your dog the right amount of high quality food and to build strong muscles, keeps joints agile by providing regular and daily exercise for your dog.
How much exercise do dogs needs?
It really depends on the breed but also how much your dog eats in one day. This includes its meals and any treats. If your dog's breed is from the Herding breed, like Collies or German Shepperds, a Sporting breed like Golden Retrievers or Cocker spaniels, Terrier breed like the Jack Russel, or Westhighland Terrier, a Working breed like the Boxer or the Doberman Pincher, or a Hound breed I recommends at least 3 brisk daily walks. These dogs need to brisk walking every day. It is also very important to let your dog enjoy a run once a day, and you can encourage your dog to run by playing games like Fetch and Frisbee.
Other breeds like the Toy and the None-sporting breeds may need less exercise, however this also depends on the individual dog, for example a Poodle or a Dalmatian may need a lot of exercise in a day and a Shitz Tzu or a Pug may need one or two walks a day. However always take into consideration how much your dog eats in a day. A Shitz Tzu may need to get as much exercise as a terrier would if it eats many treats in one day to keep it within a healthy weight and prevent any health issues arising.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of three walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker. A dog walker will take your adult dog for a walk in the afternoons giving it needed exercise and a break from being alone when you are at work.
If a dog has regular exercise like group walks offered by many dog walking services your older dog will be kept fit, agile and be less likely to experience these painful health issues that are becoming more and more common in today's domestic dogs.
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.