If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Bridlewood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Bridlewood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalkers in Bridlewood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
There is a little difference between loving and caring a pet. It is understandable that we may not get ample time to perform the daily activities of our loving pets due to our own time constraints. Since, pets cannot speak of their feelings and requirements, they can communicate easily with soft indications, which may often get unnoticed due to our busy life. Exercises, which may be one of the requirements of your dog, are an integral part for your pet's health. It is better not to compromise with it.
Professional dog walkers are becoming the need of the hour for their round the clock services. This gives you the flexibility to choose any schedule, which you may be able to accommodate. Dog walkers are knowledgeable to tune in with the ways of dogs and can understand their needs. You will always be relieved to know that your pets are in safe hands and your work is done with no worries.
By nature dogs are playful. They like to play, run and they are quite fun loving. But dogs never want to run alone, they want someone by the side. If you cannot be there at that place, there is no harm hiring a dog walker to do it for you. After all, you can always pamper your pet when you return from work. Dog running services are beneficial for your pet. This service ensures that your dogs have a healthy lifestyle. You can select from any of the dog running programs that the agencies offers. Dog walker just do not make your dog walk, they also take care of your dog's requirement before and after the walk. This includes keeping water for your pet so that they can satiate their thirst after their long run etc. Professional dog walkers carry a plastic bag along with them to scoop up their waste if required.
Dog walking can be done at variety of places like beaches, parks etc as per your pet's choice. Whatever the dog walker does, the foremost responsibility he has is to ensure the safety of your pet.. But it is recommended that you must always try to find out some quality time to spend with your pet. Your pet may miss you sometimes.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Bridlewood and near by communities.