If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Wildwood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Wildwood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in Wildwood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
The Business of Dog Walking.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Need A Local Dog Walker: Questions To Find The Right Match For Your Dog?
Being a dog walker may look like a simple job. However, it takes more that just a click on the dog leash and a chance to have the exercise with the animal's best friend, the dog. The job can be very rewarding; to be good in this career you have to consider some things and here are the suggestions:
o The size of your career as a dog walker from the very start. Be realistic in the size you see yourself in the business of dog walking.
o Be ready to handle the size of business you have set your mind to build in dog walking.
o Get insurance and be bonded. If you are hiring employees for your business, make sure you interview them well and that they can be trusted.
o Set your price for the service of dog walking you will be providing your clients. Be sure to research around the area to know the reasonable rate for the service.
o Present a professional image in the business cards you give out to clients. Be sure that all the possible ways of getting in contact with you are provided in the card.
o Provide complete information on where and how you do your work as a dog walker. Some information that needs to be communicated to pet owners are the exercises you apply to the dogs, food you serve them and the places where you bring your dogs for walk.
o Learn a lot on the medical and nutritional needs of dogs so you will be able to apply them to the pets given under your supervision.
o Consider other services for value-adding like dog bathing, grooming, training and a lot more.
o Love your canine clients as a dog walker; the more you feel for them, the more you can do your work in providing their needs. Genuine love for canines will provide you with the right instinct on how you can give the tender, loving care they are worth to get from you.
o First aid methods for dogs are a valuable asset you need to learn. You can never know when you might just need them. Moreover, you will be assuring the pet owners that you are a reliable person to handle and keep their dogs safe and healthy while they are not with them.
Staring a business as a dog walker can easily grow when you know just what things you need to learn. Start now and grow fast in the business!
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Wildwood and near by communities.