Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in West Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in West Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of West Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in West Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for Calgary West and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary West Community Searches:
- Pet Walker in West Calgary
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Valley Ridge
- Need Dog Walker in Crestmont
- Dogwalker in Cougar Ridge
- Dogwalker in Patterson
- Dog Walking Companies in Spruce Cliff
- Dog Walker Agency in Rosscarrock
- Need Dog Walker in Westgate
- Professional Dog Walker in Wildwood
- Dog Walker Advertisings in West Springs
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Coach Hill
- Licensed Dog Walker in Strathcona Park
- Pet Walkers in Aspen Woods
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Christie Park
- Dogwalker in Glendale
- Pet Walker in Springbank Hill
- Pet Walk in Signal Hill
- Dog Walking Services in Glenbrook
- Dog Walker in Glamorgan
- Pet Walkers in Rutland Park
- Dogwalking in Currie Barracks
- Professional Dog Walker in Lincoln Park
- Dog Walker Needed in Lakeview
- Charges For Dog Walking in North Glenmore Park
- Pet Walk in Garrison Green
- Dog Walker in Discovery Ridge
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of West Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.