If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Scarboro, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Scarboro Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
The Benefits of Using a Dog Walking Service!
If you and your dog are inseparable, planning a vacation may bring mixed emotions if the plan doesn't allow you to include your dog. Here are 5 things you can plan for your dog that will keep him (and you) happy while you're away.
1. Probably the least disrupting plan is to let him stay home in familiar surroundings, and hire someone to stay in your home while you're away. Think outside the box and invite an out-of-town family member or friend to stay in your home as a free vacation in return for taking care of your pooch. This needs to be someone you trust totally, and someone your dog likes and who likes your dog. If you do this you must start early by introducing this person to your dog gradually until they are both comfortable with each other. Try leaving the room for longer periods of times, and finally leaving the house with your dog and care taker alone. Then when your vacation day arrives, it's not such an abrupt change for them to be alone with each other.
2. Explore your neighborhood for an older teen who lives close by and is responsible enough to come over several times each day and feed, play, and walk your dog. It goes without saying that this young person should be trustworthy and have a good relationship with your dog. Planning ahead to give everyone a chance to adjust to the new routine is paramount if things are to go smoothly while you are away. Make sure the teen's parents are willing to serve as back up in any kind of emergency.
3. If you are unable to find someone who you trust or who wants to live in your home while you are away, there are pet services that will send someone one in as many times as you like to feed, walk, and visit. Be sure to get recommendations from others who have used them, and a licensed and/or bonded company would provide even more peace of mind for you. Introduction to this person should happen well in advance of your trip to anticipate any problems and to give your dog a chance to adjust. If walking your dog is going to be part of what the care taker will do, walk with them the first several times, and then let them go for a short walk alone, and finally a longer walk. If all goes well, the transition should go smoothly while you are away. If you will also need this person to give medication, make sure you let the sitter practice giving treats (maybe with and without the medicine) before you leave.
4. Ask your parents if your dog could stay with them. This is the perfect solution because your parents already know and love your dog (hopefully) and this is a transition that would be seamless if they have a fenced back yard. If this is a possibility, make sure you take your dog with you when you visit, and gradually leave for longer periods of times before you come back. If your parents have other pets make sure they all get along well before considering this plan. Eventually, your pooch won't miss a beat when you pack it up to go for an extended stay at what it will come to feel is its home away from home.
5. Professional boarding is last on this list because it requires the most adjusting for your dog. Some dogs are better at this than others so you will have to determine if this is a plan you should consider. Some facilities offer more services than others. For instance you can pay extra to have your dog walked several times a day, and facilities that offer outdoor swimming, play time, and human and canine interaction are often more expensive. Start looking around your town early, get recommendations from your veterinarian and other dog owners about boarding facilities that they feel are top notch. Drop into facilities that you are considering at random times and see how the other dogs look, how the place smells, and talk with people who may be coming and going to get their opinions about the care their dog received. The facility you select should smell fresh and clean and the dogs should look happy and healthy.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting Service?
For people who love animals owning a dog is an essential part of living a happy, fulfilled life. The companionship and enjoyment of sharing your home with a puppy or adult dog can be amazing. What many people don't fully appreciate are the amazing health benefits their ownership can provide. Research has proved that dog owners tend to have lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Obviously regular walking leads to a healthier lifestyle reducing weight and most importantly stress levels. It has also been found that children who grow up in households with dogs seem to have a reduced risk of developing asthma and allergies later on in life. For older people or those vulnerable to loneliness the needs of a dog and the companionship they can offer can make a radical difference to their fulfilling and well-being. The social interaction involved with dog walking can be a great way to interact with people on a daily basis.
Owning a dog can difficult if you work, have family commitments or are physically unable to exercise your pet due to illness, disability or old age. This can be a major consideration when deciding whether to have a dog or not. The main factor to consider is lifestyle and time. Canine ownership can make holidays and weekend breaks difficult. They need regular exercise; between 30 and 60 minutes per day and this can be difficult to fit into today's hectic lifestyles. With many households having all members out all day at school or work some dogs can be left for long periods.
The benefits of dog ownership outweighs the disadvantages. The balance can be tipped even further in favour of owning a dog by using a dog walking service. Using a service such as this can be very beneficial. You can own a dog guilt free, knowing you are providing adequate exercise for your pet. A dog's behaviour at home can be greatly improved by a good run about and socialising with other dogs. Stress about fitting walking into a busy schedule can be alleviated and you can really enjoy the time you have with your pet. Using a dog walking service doesn't have to be costly; just once or twice a week could make a significant difference to you and your pet. Finding the right dog walking service for you will make all the difference, a friendly, reliable service that you and your pet can really get to know and trust will make dog ownership even more rewarding and enjoyable.
Bexhill on Sea in East Sussex is a seaside town brimming with dogs of all shapes and sizes. With many wonderful places to walk such as the Bexhill downs, Galley hill, the newly developed Bexhill promenade or on the beach at low tide. Walks to suit all types can be found here.
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Scarboro and near by communities.