If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Scarboro Sunalta West, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Scarboro Sunalta West Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
What Are the Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting Service?
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
Dogs need a certain amount of exercise each day. Small breeds do not need as much as large breeds do, but both types need about 1 to 2 hours daily. If the dogs do not get the right amount of activity, they can become bored and mischievous. If your life is too hectic to walk your dog this amount of time daily, you might need to hire a dog walker.
A dog walker will spend enough time with your dog to exercise him properly. When the walker brings him home, he will be much calmer and happier. This will make him less likely to misbehave. Also the walks are good for his health and he gets to relieve himself, while he is out.
Some dog walkers will offer added services. They might water your flowers, pick up your mail, or watch over your house until you get home if you are traveling. The prices for their services will depend on whether they just walk your dog or do extras.
Some Tips for Hiring a Dog Walker
1 - The walker should not only have a passion for dogs, but be trained to handle them too. He should understand dog behavior, safety and handling. It is wise to find one who has cared enough to become certified in dog walking.
2 - The walker should have insurance. This will cover not only him if something happens to the dog, but also your dog. If your state or city requires a license make sure he has one.
3- Always ask for references. Talk to these people too, to make sure the dog walker does a good job. You do not want to trust your dog to just anyone after all.
4 - How well does the walker get along with your dog? Does your dog take to him right away? A canine can sense a lot about individuals, so if he shies away from the walker, this could tell you to look elsewhere.
5 - If your dog has special needs of some sort, make sure that the walker has the training to deal with him.
6 - Do you like the personality of the dog walker? You are going to be dealing with this person more than just once most likely. It will be hard to do this if you do not like his personality.
7 - Check out the prices for dog walkers in your area. This way when you interview a few of them, you will know they are charging the right prices. There might be various ways the prices are set, so make sure you understand. You want the best walker at the best price.
8 - Interview more than just one person, so you are sure of your choice in the end.
Follow these tips and you will have no trouble hiring a qualified dog walker. This way your dog will get walked as much as he should be, be well taken care of, and without interrupting your busy schedule.
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Scarboro Sunalta West and near by communities.