If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Pegasus, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Pegasus Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Hire A Dog Walker in Pegasus Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Why Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Pegasus and near by communities.