If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Oakridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Oakridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Oakridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Dogs - The Joy of Pet Sitters.
If you and your dog are inseparable, planning a vacation may bring mixed emotions if the plan doesn't allow you to include your dog. Here are 5 things you can plan for your dog that will keep him (and you) happy while you're away.
1. Probably the least disrupting plan is to let him stay home in familiar surroundings, and hire someone to stay in your home while you're away. Think outside the box and invite an out-of-town family member or friend to stay in your home as a free vacation in return for taking care of your pooch. This needs to be someone you trust totally, and someone your dog likes and who likes your dog. If you do this you must start early by introducing this person to your dog gradually until they are both comfortable with each other. Try leaving the room for longer periods of times, and finally leaving the house with your dog and care taker alone. Then when your vacation day arrives, it's not such an abrupt change for them to be alone with each other.
2. Explore your neighborhood for an older teen who lives close by and is responsible enough to come over several times each day and feed, play, and walk your dog. It goes without saying that this young person should be trustworthy and have a good relationship with your dog. Planning ahead to give everyone a chance to adjust to the new routine is paramount if things are to go smoothly while you are away. Make sure the teen's parents are willing to serve as back up in any kind of emergency.
3. If you are unable to find someone who you trust or who wants to live in your home while you are away, there are pet services that will send someone one in as many times as you like to feed, walk, and visit. Be sure to get recommendations from others who have used them, and a licensed and/or bonded company would provide even more peace of mind for you. Introduction to this person should happen well in advance of your trip to anticipate any problems and to give your dog a chance to adjust. If walking your dog is going to be part of what the care taker will do, walk with them the first several times, and then let them go for a short walk alone, and finally a longer walk. If all goes well, the transition should go smoothly while you are away. If you will also need this person to give medication, make sure you let the sitter practice giving treats (maybe with and without the medicine) before you leave.
4. Ask your parents if your dog could stay with them. This is the perfect solution because your parents already know and love your dog (hopefully) and this is a transition that would be seamless if they have a fenced back yard. If this is a possibility, make sure you take your dog with you when you visit, and gradually leave for longer periods of times before you come back. If your parents have other pets make sure they all get along well before considering this plan. Eventually, your pooch won't miss a beat when you pack it up to go for an extended stay at what it will come to feel is its home away from home.
5. Professional boarding is last on this list because it requires the most adjusting for your dog. Some dogs are better at this than others so you will have to determine if this is a plan you should consider. Some facilities offer more services than others. For instance you can pay extra to have your dog walked several times a day, and facilities that offer outdoor swimming, play time, and human and canine interaction are often more expensive. Start looking around your town early, get recommendations from your veterinarian and other dog owners about boarding facilities that they feel are top notch. Drop into facilities that you are considering at random times and see how the other dogs look, how the place smells, and talk with people who may be coming and going to get their opinions about the care their dog received. The facility you select should smell fresh and clean and the dogs should look happy and healthy.
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Dogs are special pets and at times more special than even a family member. It is vital for you to make additional arrangements in case if you are about to set on a travel trip for a few days and impossible to take your pet with you. These are the major reasons why more and more people are coming forward to hire pet care services to make the life of both individuals and their pets easier.
These days, you don't have to put extra efforts in finding good dog sitters who are expert and efficient to look after your dogs. Many pet sitters offer dog sitting services out of their love for these animals. Simultaneously, they must have owned a pet dog at some point of time which adds extra weight to their eligibility when they offer Pet Sitting services.
Simply put, dogs are accustomed to a set routine with regards to meals and walks and prefer their personal belongings as well. The belongings of such could range from their toys, water bowls, meal bowls or plates, their preferred cushions, blankets or comforters apart from their place within the house. For your concern, the dog sitter whom you prefer for looking after your pet will understand the importance of tracking the routine while complying with your dog's routine and wishes. If your pet requires any special care or drug, it will be attended to in the required manner ensuring your pet's health is not compromised in any manner. Usually these dog sitters have been dog owners which make them understand them easily and comfortably. Dog sitters ensure your dogs receive the best possible care.
Hence, a pet sitter will look after grooming, feeding, and even exercising your dogs as per habit and schedule. In addition, the pet sitter is also responsible for looking after your home, maintaining your garden, and even undertaking other small yet important tasks as per your instructions. The dog sitters can be out of your home for a maximum period of three hours during the day time for exploring the local area and of course for shopping if required, but at evening and night times the pet sitter will be at home.
Dog sitting has been proved to be valuable pet care services for the pet sitters. These professionals are widely known as "angels" as for they ensure your pet stays in good health within your home while its regular routine and schedules are maintained especially when you are not at your home.
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services for Holidays.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Oakridge and near by communities.