Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in NE Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in NE Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of NE Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Needed in NE Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for North East Calgary and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary NE Community Searches:
- Dogwalkers in NE Calgary
- Professional Dog Walker in Coral Springs
- Hire A Dog Walker in Pegasus
- Hire A Dog Walker in Skyview Ranch
- Licensed Dog Walker in Taradale
- Pet Walk in Saddle Ridge
- Need Dog Walker in Saddle Ridge Industrial
- Dog Walker Needed in Redstone
- Need Dog Walker in Martindale
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Calgary International Airport
- Dog Walking Companies in Skyline East
- Pet Walker in Cityscape
- Dogwalkers in Stoney 2
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Falconridge
- Dog Walkers in Stoney 4
- Licensed Dog Walker in Horizon
- Pet Walk in Deerfoot Business Centre
- Dog Walkers in Stonegate Landing
- Charges For Dog Walking in Castleridge
- Pet Walk in Stoney 3
- Dog Walker in McCall
- Licensed Dog Walker in Whitehorn
- Dog Walkers Wanted in North Airways
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Abbeydale
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Franklin
- Dog Walker in Marlborough
- Dogwalker in Marlborough Park
- Dogwalkers in Maryland Heights
- Dogwalking in Meridian
- Dog Walkers in Monterey Park
- Dog Walker Needed in Pineridge
- Dog Walker Needed in Rundle
- Need Dog Walker in South Airways
- Dogwalkers in Sunridge
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Temple
- Dog Walking Companies in Vista Heights
Own a Dog? Learn More About Dog Walking.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of NE Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.