If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Maple Ridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Maple Ridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Companies in Maple Ridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Premier Dog Walking Services!
These are some of the most common reasons why pet owners enrol their dogs in behaviour training, yet the truth of the matter is that these habits often have a much simpler solution. While we may not think about it often, dogs actually have a strong need for mental and physical stimulation. Believe it or not, regular dog walking can be all you need to help curb these behaviours for good while also making your pet healthier and happier.
When you hire a dog walking expert, you can actually tailor services to the needs of you and your pet. If you regularly walk your dog, you may find that you only need to hire someone to keep your pet active and exercised while you are on vacation. For many pet owners, having someone come in during the work day and just take the dog for a great walk can help keep things calm and can keep a dog from destroying the house while the owner is away.
The simple fact is that a dog should be walked at least once daily, with many high energy breeds requiring longer walks or more frequent walks. Walking does more than just burn off energy and provide exercise, it actually offers great mental stimulation. Processing all of the visuals and smells encountered during a great walk helps to exercise your pet's brain as much as its body, and the effects can have a surprising impact on your dog's mental health and sense of well-being. We all want only the best for our pets, and dog walking is really one of the best things you can do outside of proper veterinary care and quality feeding. We all need a healthy mind, body and soul not only for ourselves but also our pets.
Dog walking can offer a significant boost to longevity by helping to keep the heart and muscles active and well exercised, but it does more than this. In addition to helping add years to your dog's life, you will find that frequent walks help put more life in your dog's years. A well exercised dog will remain active and playful much longer than a pet that leads a more sedentary lifestyle. If you are unable to provide daily walks or need someone to help keep your dog active while you are at work or on vacation, a dog walking service can be a great option!
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
Do You Really Need a Dog Walking Service?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Maple Ridge and near by communities.