If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Hawkwood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Hawkwood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Licensed Dog Walker in Hawkwood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
The Business of Dog Walking.
Many people consider their pets as a family member. A pet dog has to be given attention, and this is a time consuming activity. Sometimes a dog owner is not able to give adequate care due to a job, traveling schedule or distant other commitments. There are a number of dog care agencies that provide the solution in such situations. A dog owner can easily locate the addresses of dog care agencies in their area from the newspapers, Internet or directories.
Dog care agencies offer services such as pet sitting, house sitting and daily dog walks. Some agencies provide a service of daily emails to the owner to give messages on how the dog is doing. Dog care services typically employ pet sitters who are pet lovers and provide the best care and lots of love and attention.
Many of these great services will visit your home and care for your dog. Services include providing your pet with fresh food and water, bathing, brushing and walking. The agency will also give medications and vitamins to your pet, and arrange for medical treatment in case the pet has a serious illness.
Some pet care agencies offer special packages that make it easier to accept shorter notice reservation requests for periodical care at home. In such cases, the pet care agency requires two sets of the house keys. One set is picked up at the initial visit to an owner's home when the sitter gets acquainted with the pet. The other is held for emergency situations when the regular sitter cannot make it to the owner's home for some reason or other.
Most pet care agencies offer quality standards and professional service. They have a veterinarian, available on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If the veterinarian available is to far away from your home, the agency will assist you in finding one closer
Dog care services go a long way in helping a pet owner feel comfortable about leaving their dog in the hands of someone who truly cares and knows how do take care of animals.
Dog Care Services.
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Tips on Hiring a Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Hawkwood and near by communities.