If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Currie Barracks, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Currie Barracks Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalking in Currie Barracks Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
No matter whether as a family pet, companion or as security countless households have a dog and all canine owners should understand the importance of looking after their pet correctly. Dogs shouldn't only be fed properly but to keep them healthy and fit regular, daily exercise is also required.
Walking your dog isn't only beneficial and important to him but is also great for the owner. Regular exercise will keep you fit and healthy and walking is also a great way in which to meet new people, also out on walks with their dogs.
In modern times, a lot of people find it hard to juggle work commitments, socialising and being able to walk the dog regularly. To cater for such people, several dog walking services have been set up. These companies hire experienced dog people to walk your dog on a regular basis, whilst you are either at work or away from home. This service allows your friend to receive the daily exercise he so greatly requires.
Before you employ the assistance of a company ensure the handler is capable of controlling your dog, especially if it is of a large breed. If possible organise a meeting between yourselves, your dog and the trainer assigned to you. This is important to see if they actually get on with one another and gives you the chance to explain exactly what you want from their service.
Quite a few companies now offer a 'sitting' service. If your canine is used to company all through the day, and you are going to be way then use a dog sitter who can play with and keep your pal company in your absence.
For whatever reason employing a chicago dog walker is essential to your family pet if you are struggling to find the time to walk your dog. Lack of exercise can make your pet aggressive and day-to-day walks enables your dog to socialise with other canines which is important for their social behaviour.
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Tips for Finding a Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Currie Barracks and near by communities.