If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Shawnee Slopes, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Shawnee Slopes Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers in Shawnee Slopes Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Do You Really Need a Dog Walking Service?
In most areas pets are regarded as family members and therefore highly regarded. Getting the right person to take care of the pet can be a tough process. It does not matter whether you are after a pet sitter, there is a need to look for someone who you can trust and will take care of your pets. In this article we detail some of the tips that you can take into account in finding a dog walker.
Getting the right dog walker can be a noble way of taking care of your pet. Your dogs need exercise and good outdoor time. If you have a small children or busy schedule, it will be hard to take your dog out. It is a good idea to employ the services offered by a dog walker. This is one of the best ways to ensure that your pet's needs are taken care of even when you are on a busy schedule.
One of the common methods used to find the right dog sitter is by relying on the word of mouth. Using this method it is possible to find the right person who you can trust. Ask your neighbors who dogs. You can also use the internet as one of your resources to locate a dog walker. Using dog walking services from your locality is a good idea.
It is important to note that there is a great difference from the people who love dogs and those who just walk them. It is a good idea to find the people who surely care and love the dogs. You can ask the walker if he owns a dog. The follow up questions can help you know their true love about dogs. You can also check whether they are willing to adhere to your instructions and your statements.
It is important to note that finding the right pet sitter or dog caretaker can be a difficult exercise. This is so because the person involved should come into your home and take care of your dog. During these times it is possible that you are away. Therefore there is a need to work with a professional and reputable company in your locality. You should ensure that the company is registered and licensed. Its employees should be professionals who are well trained. Also there is a need to look for an obedient and trustworthy person who cannot steal from you.
Day in the Life of a Professional Dog Walker and Pet Sitter.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Shawnee Slopes and near by communities.