Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in South Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in South Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of South Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Average Dog Walking Rates in South Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for Calgary South and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary South Community Searches:
- Dog Walker Advertisings in South Calgary
- Dogwalker in Kelvin Grove
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Eagle Ridge
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Kingsland
- Dog Walker Agency in Fairview
- Charges For Dog Walking in Fairview Industrial
- Dog Walkers Wanted in East Fairview Industrial
- Dogwalkers in Glendeer Business Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Chinook Park
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Oakridge
- Charges For Dog Walking in Palliser
- Dog Walking in Bayview
- Charges For Dog Walking in Pump Hill
- Dogwalker in Haysboro
- Dogwalker in Acadia
- Dogwalker in Cedarbrae
- Dog Walker in Braeside
- Professional Dog Walker in Southwood
- Licensed Dog Walker in Willow Park
- Dog Walking Companies in Maple Ridge
- Need Dog Walker in Woodbine
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Woodlands
- Pet Walk in Canyon Meadows
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Lake Bonavista
- Pet Walker in Bonavista Downs
- Pet Walk in Diamond Cove
- Dog Walking Companies in Queensland
- Dog Walker Agency in Deer Ridge
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Deer Run
- Need Dog Walker in Parkland
- Dog Walkers in Shawnee Slopes
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Evergreen
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Millrise
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Midnapore
- Dogwalker in Shawnessy
- Dogwalkers in Bridlewood
- Licensed Dog Walker in Somerset
- Dog Walker in Sundance
- Dog Walker Agency in Silverado
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Chaparral
- Pet Walk in Walden
- Dogwalking in Legacy
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
You love your pets, and if you consider yours part of the family, your "babies" and worry about their well being while you're away, then it's time to consider a personalized service such as pet sitting in your home.
Let's face it - many boarding kennels provide adequate service, but your pets are not in the comfort of their own home. Often, kennels are noisy environments where senior and young animals, those with anxiety or stress and illness do not cope well. Pets may also be exposed to kennel cough, canine flu, stress diarrhea, and some refuse to eat due to the strange surroundings.
It's wonderful when your dog can romp in his own yard or go on a walk with a pet sitter in his own neighborhood. Imagine your cat stretching out in her favorite patch of sun and having a clean litter box daily. All pets get love, pets, and attention one-on-one, and lots of playtime! Pet sitters provide a nurturing service that helps keep your pets happy, coddled and content while you are away on vacations and business trips.
Another plus of this unique service is the home care that is included. There is no need to stop the mail or newspapers, your pet sitter will bring those inside, including packages left at your door. Home security checks are performed, plants watered, and trash taken to the curb. Your home has a lived-in look as lights are alternated and curtains opened or closed according to your instructions.
Many pet owners are not aware that they can enjoy the benefits of a pet sitter without having to inconvenience neighbors, friends or family members. It also eliminates have to take pets to a boarding kennels, and then worry about pick up times. Pets are waiting at home, happy and well cared for. As an added bonus, if you have multiple pets, you can save a ton of money, as most visits are based on time, and include all pets in a household. If you have exotics, or animals such as horses, livestock, and farm animals, you can probably find a pet sitter that specializes in these types of care.
There are pet sitting services that offer care for special needs pets. For instance, those of advanced age with arthritis or illness. Post surgical care, dressing changes, and assistance with dog "wheelies" are areas many pet sitters can deal with while you are away. The majority are skilled at administering oral, injectable medications, fluid hydrations (under the skin), and applying ear, eye, and skin ointments and drops. Don't forget very young puppies! Many benefit from the additional visits during a busy work day for potty breaks, leash training and socialization to people outside their family.
Midday dog walking service is almost always a service offered by professional pet sitters. If you have long days at the office, or have a meeting that runs over, your pet sitter can stop by to walk, play with and feed your pet when you can't. Ask for discounts for prepaid services or weekly service.
So how does a pet sitting service usually work? Most professional pet sitters will offer a consultation, during which they have an opportunity to meet you and your pets. All instructions for the care of your pets and home are obtained during this meeting, and arrangements for key pickup. Once you hire the pet sitter of your choice, it's just a matter of calling, sending an email, or using a website ordering system to request pet sitting whenever you need it.
If you are considering using a pet sitter, here are some tips for choosing a great service for your home and pets:
1. Be sure your pet sitter carries liability insurance and is bonded.
2. Ask for references, and check them!
3. Consider experience, background and hiring practices if the service has multiple sitters.
4. Find out what disaster plans the pet sitter will follow as applicable to your area (hurricanes, earthquake, blizzards, etc.)
5. Inquire to the procedure followed should your pet require a veterinarian.
6. Make certain you feel comfortable with the person you are interviewing. Look for confidence, knowledge, and ask lots of questions. Also see if your pets are comfortable with the person.
Once you have chosen a professional pet sitting service to care for your precious babies, here are some suggestions for making the pet care experience more productive:
1. Make sure all food, medications, treats, leashes, and other essentials are in clear view for your sitter.
2. Double check that all forms and information has been provided, including your vet information and a trusted emergency contact.
3. Take up anything your pets might get into or chew up. Don't forget about plants, candy dishes, foods left out on counters, and anything tempting (shoes, kid's toys, etc.).
4. Be certain that your doors and windows are closed and locked, and that you haven't changed any codes or keys since the last time your pet sitter provided service.
5. Inspect all collars, leashes and harnesses for wear, frayed areas, and that they fit properly. Replace or refit any equipment as required.
6. Make arrangements for things such as snow removal, or leave out a shovel and ice-melt for small jobs during snow storms.
7. Water all indoor and outdoor plants once before leaving.
8. Scoop the yard and litter boxes once before service begins.
9. Leave notes with any additional information you wish the pet sitter to know.
10. Make sure the porch light works, especially for sitters arriving after dark.
Once you have used the services of professional pet sitter, chances are you will love the service and be an avid repeat user!
Premier Dog Walking Services!
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of South Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.