Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in South Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in South Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of South Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Average Dog Walking Rates in South Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for Calgary South and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary South Community Searches:
- Dog Walker Advertisings in South Calgary
- Dogwalker in Kelvin Grove
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Eagle Ridge
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Kingsland
- Dog Walker Agency in Fairview
- Charges For Dog Walking in Fairview Industrial
- Dog Walkers Wanted in East Fairview Industrial
- Dogwalkers in Glendeer Business Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Chinook Park
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Oakridge
- Charges For Dog Walking in Palliser
- Dog Walking in Bayview
- Charges For Dog Walking in Pump Hill
- Dogwalker in Haysboro
- Dogwalker in Acadia
- Dogwalker in Cedarbrae
- Dog Walker in Braeside
- Professional Dog Walker in Southwood
- Licensed Dog Walker in Willow Park
- Dog Walking Companies in Maple Ridge
- Need Dog Walker in Woodbine
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Woodlands
- Pet Walk in Canyon Meadows
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Lake Bonavista
- Pet Walker in Bonavista Downs
- Pet Walk in Diamond Cove
- Dog Walking Companies in Queensland
- Dog Walker Agency in Deer Ridge
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Deer Run
- Need Dog Walker in Parkland
- Dog Walkers in Shawnee Slopes
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Evergreen
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Millrise
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Midnapore
- Dogwalker in Shawnessy
- Dogwalkers in Bridlewood
- Licensed Dog Walker in Somerset
- Dog Walker in Sundance
- Dog Walker Agency in Silverado
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Chaparral
- Pet Walk in Walden
- Dogwalking in Legacy
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
You might be thinking, "My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don't need a dog walker." Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Each and every dog has special qualities about them based on their breed and what they were bred to do. Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect.
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation. Since, I have become a dog walker and owner of my own dog walking and pet sitting business, I have seen how the lack of daily exercise and stimulation has adversely affected our furry best friends. Yesterday, I took our dog Addison, who is a 7 year old labradoodle, to the vet for a check up and saw a great example of a dog that could greatly benefit from a dog walker.
I was sitting in the waiting area at the vet clinic, while listening to the vet tech telling an older couple about their dachshund that it had gained weight. Now, dachshunds have small little legs and excess weight for this type of breed is extremely hard on them. The vet tech then proceeded to tell them that their dog weighed 26 pounds. They both looked at one another and blamed each other for not exercising the dog and feeding the dog chicken and other scraps from the dinner table. Just looking at this little dog broke my heart because its stomach was almost dragging on the floor and it was panting.
This was an extreme example of how lack of exercise, over-feeding, and lack of mental stimulation can lead to your dog being bored and over-weight. Being a dog owner and dog walker myself, I realize the huge responsibility of keeping a dog healthy and happy.
All of us live very busy lives and usually mean well but, if you work long hours or can not give your dog the attention he deserves then, it is wise to look into a professional, bonded & insured dog walking company in your area. A lot of companies offering dog walking services give discounts if you have your dog walked 4 or more times a week. You just have to call and discuss your situation to see if they can suit your needs.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of South Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.