If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Stoney 1, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Stoney 1 Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Stoney 1 Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: https://urbanpet.life/north-calgary/
Dog Walking - Keeping Your Dog Healthy!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Care Services.
Ask any dog lover and he will tell you that a dog gives far more joy than anything else. After all, it is man's best friend. Come home after a long day of work and your canine will be at the door barking welcome even as you fumble with your house keys. Rebuke him for some wickedness and get ready for a day of skulking around with his tail between his legs. Of course, he will just be waiting for a signal from you that indicates that you are no longer mad at him. Dogs are among the most forgiving creatures in the world, and most have very sweet dispositions.
In this day and age of late marriages and even later pregnancies, many couples who want to become parents do a test drive on a puppy. As puppies begin to be treated as children and family members, it is inevitable that a demand will arise for pet services that extend beyond getting rabies injections. Pet services may extend from anything starting from dog walking to day care for dogs when the owners have to attend to other things. With dogs being left alone for long periods of time as the owners go out to work, centers providing pet services are growing in number.
Dog owners these days have even begun to farm out certain essential jobs like taking the pet for a walk. Walking the dog is an avoidable job unless one is willing to deal with dog excreta within the house. Moreover, every dog should run around a little bit, the lack of which might cause your dog health issues like obesity. Although most dog owners prefer to take their four-legged pets for walks on their own, a large number of dog owners find that hiring dog walkers is a time-saving option. If you are going out on a vacation, leaving your dog behind, it may be a smart move to contact a professional dog walker during that period. Hiring dog walkers is a far safer option than getting a neighbor to return an old favor. Hiring someone may not be the cheapest option, but at least you can rest assured that your beloved dog is getting a good walk.
Most pet service centers do a lot of things ranging from grooming to breeding to providing medical care to training the dogs. Dog training is a very essential aspect of raising that four-legged creature. Just as you would teach manners to your own offspring, you have to teach manners to your canine. There are a large number of dog trainers whose aim is to produce an army of well-behaved mutts. If you are unable to teach your dog to sit, stand, or fetch, it may be a good idea to get professional help. Different canines have different degrees of attention spans and professional trainers may be better placed to help your dog behave as well as nobility. So that the next time you have guests over, they will be impressed by the good behavior of that formerly unruly mutt.
These days there are pet service centers galore. You just have to decide what services your canine would be most likely to benefit from and then look for providers for those services.