Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a l
Owning a dog is a truly great experience, but it's also something that can take up a great deal of your time, especially if you want a well behaved family pet. Just like humans, dogs have certain needs that need to be met in order for them to be happy and well adjusted. Food and love are the most obvious of those needs, but regular walks also ranks pretty highly up on that list. While many owners get in the habit of simply letting the dog out in the backyard to take care of his business, which is what many believe that walking side of things is actually about. What may come as a surprise is that there are numerous benefits to be found in walking your dog regularly.
The most obvious benefit is that your pet will get a great workout when you take him for a walk. Dogs are naturally active, which means they love to get out and give their legs a stretch on a regular basis. Walking also fills another natural need that dogs have, which is exploration. While dogs have become domesticated, they still maintain that pack mentality, which means that going out in search of sustenance is something that is naturally built into them.
Walking is a great way to bond with your dog, but it is also a great aid when it comes to training. He will quickly learn how to behave when out and about, especially if he views walks with you as a reward. Since dogs love to be out in the open air, they will quickly learn that their behavior when they are out there may in fact determine how much they get to go. Not only that, the energy that they let out when walking will make them calmer when they get home, which makes house training a whole lot easier, too.
Not only does walking provide exercise for the body, it also stimulates the brain of your dog. They will experience all sorts of sights, sounds, and smells, which they will love, and which will help develop an active mind. That makes for a smarter dog, and one that is easier to train and keep in control. Speaking of control, the urge to run off and explore will be removed when you take them out for regular walks, as all of their exploration needs are then fulfilled by you.
There are a ton of other benefits to be had by regularly taking your dog out for a walk, but it's also common that many owners simply don't have the time to do it as regularly as they would like. You should take your dog for a walk whenever you get space in your schedule, but for those times when your plate is just too full, you should really consider a professional dog walking service to take care of your dog's needs. When you get home, you will find a dog who is healthy and happy, and all because his basic needs are being met, leaving you to supply the love that he also requires.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8440813ocal trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Apartment Dogs - Tips To Making Life Easier!
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.