If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in West Calgary, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst West Calgary Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walker in West Calgary Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Dog Walking Can Keep Your Pet Healthier and Better Behaved!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Ask any dog lover and he will tell you that a dog gives far more joy than anything else. After all, it is man's best friend. Come home after a long day of work and your canine will be at the door barking welcome even as you fumble with your house keys. Rebuke him for some wickedness and get ready for a day of skulking around with his tail between his legs. Of course, he will just be waiting for a signal from you that indicates that you are no longer mad at him. Dogs are among the most forgiving creatures in the world, and most have very sweet dispositions.
In this day and age of late marriages and even later pregnancies, many couples who want to become parents do a test drive on a puppy. As puppies begin to be treated as children and family members, it is inevitable that a demand will arise for pet services that extend beyond getting rabies injections. Pet services may extend from anything starting from dog walking to day care for dogs when the owners have to attend to other things. With dogs being left alone for long periods of time as the owners go out to work, centers providing pet services are growing in number.
Dog owners these days have even begun to farm out certain essential jobs like taking the pet for a walk. Walking the dog is an avoidable job unless one is willing to deal with dog excreta within the house. Moreover, every dog should run around a little bit, the lack of which might cause your dog health issues like obesity. Although most dog owners prefer to take their four-legged pets for walks on their own, a large number of dog owners find that hiring dog walkers is a time-saving option. If you are going out on a vacation, leaving your dog behind, it may be a smart move to contact a professional dog walker during that period. Hiring dog walkers is a far safer option than getting a neighbor to return an old favor. Hiring someone may not be the cheapest option, but at least you can rest assured that your beloved dog is getting a good walk.
Most pet service centers do a lot of things ranging from grooming to breeding to providing medical care to training the dogs. Dog training is a very essential aspect of raising that four-legged creature. Just as you would teach manners to your own offspring, you have to teach manners to your canine. There are a large number of dog trainers whose aim is to produce an army of well-behaved mutts. If you are unable to teach your dog to sit, stand, or fetch, it may be a good idea to get professional help. Different canines have different degrees of attention spans and professional trainers may be better placed to help your dog behave as well as nobility. So that the next time you have guests over, they will be impressed by the good behavior of that formerly unruly mutt.
These days there are pet service centers galore. You just have to decide what services your canine would be most likely to benefit from and then look for providers for those services.