If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Signal Hill, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Signal Hill Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in Signal Hill Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Dog Walking - Caution!
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Caring for your dog is a major responsibility, and regrettably, for those of you who work, or are out of the home for lengthy periods of time, our precious family pet may be left alone, and many can be left feeling neglected.
For this reason, using the services of a professional dog walker or family pet care specialist is important. The demand for this service has soared over the past few years as individuals lives have become busier with work and social events.
A pet care specialist will also 'babysit' your dog if required, as some dog lovers prefer their dogs to have company the whole day whilst they are out. Others will simply use the dog walking service and have their pet walked every day.
When choosing the expert services of a dog walker through a firm it is very important that you meet the person that will be in control of your dog and make sure that they can both handle the dog and also take care of him properly.
Whether or not it is to exercise your dog daily or to play, care and walk him and keep him company throughout the working day, dog walking services and professional pet care is vital as research has shown that a number of dogs, that are left unattended for long periods of time, may start to chew personal belongings of the owner and, in some cases, become aggressive.
Depending on your dog, more than a couple of hours may also be too long to go without food or to relieve themselves.
Exercising your dog is not merely for physical exercise but it also helps your dog to have human contact which is crucial. Remember that lack of exercise will cause energy to build up and your dog could very well be fractious and aggressive too.
If you are having difficulties trying to juggle work, a social life and exercising your dog properly then appointing the expert services of a dog walker will give you satisfaction, that even though you are away, your dog is exercised, looked after and fed correctly.
Simple Dog Walking Tips!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Signal Hill and near by communities.