If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Glendale, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Glendale Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalker in Glendale Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Deciding on a Good Dog Walking Firm.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
These are some of the most common reasons why pet owners enrol their dogs in behaviour training, yet the truth of the matter is that these habits often have a much simpler solution. While we may not think about it often, dogs actually have a strong need for mental and physical stimulation. Believe it or not, regular dog walking can be all you need to help curb these behaviours for good while also making your pet healthier and happier.
When you hire a dog walking expert, you can actually tailor services to the needs of you and your pet. If you regularly walk your dog, you may find that you only need to hire someone to keep your pet active and exercised while you are on vacation. For many pet owners, having someone come in during the work day and just take the dog for a great walk can help keep things calm and can keep a dog from destroying the house while the owner is away.
The simple fact is that a dog should be walked at least once daily, with many high energy breeds requiring longer walks or more frequent walks. Walking does more than just burn off energy and provide exercise, it actually offers great mental stimulation. Processing all of the visuals and smells encountered during a great walk helps to exercise your pet's brain as much as its body, and the effects can have a surprising impact on your dog's mental health and sense of well-being. We all want only the best for our pets, and dog walking is really one of the best things you can do outside of proper veterinary care and quality feeding. We all need a healthy mind, body and soul not only for ourselves but also our pets.
Dog walking can offer a significant boost to longevity by helping to keep the heart and muscles active and well exercised, but it does more than this. In addition to helping add years to your dog's life, you will find that frequent walks help put more life in your dog's years. A well exercised dog will remain active and playful much longer than a pet that leads a more sedentary lifestyle. If you are unable to provide daily walks or need someone to help keep your dog active while you are at work or on vacation, a dog walking service can be a great option!
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Glendale and near by communities.