If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Christie Park, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Christie Park Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Christie Park Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
The Business of Dog Walking.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Tips for Finding a Dog Walker!
The professional canine walker earns a good wage by just walking dogs or by just by looking after them at the owner's house. Though it's job description is simple yet it is a great service for some people that really love animals particularly dogs in general. It is not a demeaning work or job and it is a very gratifying work for anyone. Through walking the dogs of other people you are pursuing your passion through this work. It is also one way of training your canine and providing dog socialization.
And aside from it's financial rewards to work as a dog professional walker can be very enjoyable and relaxing. You will have the experience of walking along the woods, beaches, parks and even around the neighborhood. The pay range is quite good and sometimes from US $6 to $10 or even much higher for just 30 minutes up to 1 hour walk with the dogs. Some of the walkers like to go for the pack taking and walking out several dogs at a time. But this can be possible if the owners like the idea of encouraging dog socialization with some other dogs and thus these dogs will gain new canine friends.
The professional canine walker may get dog walking assignments when they know many people that have dogs which need to be walk.This works well for those owners that do not have enough time for this task for just some money for it. And this is also works well for those older persons who cannot walk their dogs but are hiring dog walkers to do it daily or two times a week if it is necessary.
Some other clients may also include the persons who are not able to walk their dogs because of ailments or some injuries. And those people who go on vacations or have some work assignments in foreign places and that are really in need of dog walkers for their own canine. Walking and running around some places with the dog walkers provide dogs their needed dog socialization.
There are many owners who like this better -to get dog walkers instead of letting them stay in some kennel or just get some canine sitters when they do not have time to do the walking with their own dogs. They will request the professional sitters to come to their house and guard their canine as well as lead them to walk for their exercise. This is to be done when the owner knows the canine sitter very well to trust his home and his canine to it's sitter.
To be able to have good dog socialization with the canine to look after the sitter must get some information about the dog from it's owner. And likewise the dog owner will also get some advice from the dog sitter about his experiences in some dogs that he has looked after. This way the owner will be able to get some important tips and may apply it to his canine.
Dog Walking - Caution!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Christie Park and near by communities.