If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Greenwood Greenbriar, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Greenwood Greenbriar Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenwood Greenbriar Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Traits a Good Professional Dog Walker
A dog is regarded as the best friend to man. It appears that taking care and managing them is a simple and easy task. This is not the case when the pet owners have family and work matters tend to consume a lot of time. It is important to note that taking care of the pets can be a tough task and therefore there is a need to hire an experienced dog walker.
If you are a responsible pet owner, then you are aware of the benefits associated with taking care of the pets. Pets need daily walk so as to improve their health. If you do not have enough time or even energy to engage your pets in their daily work, then consider hiring a professional dog walking service company.
Most people love dogs, but due to the tough working schedules it becomes rather difficult for them to exercise their dogs by taking them for a walk. Research has revealed that when a pet is left at home alone and inside its small caging it will have bad health due to depression. Therefore dog walkers can greatly improve the health of your dog. This will at the long run make your dog and enjoying being around. It can be true to say that a happy pet equals a happy owner.
By hiring a professional dog walking company, pet owners should be rest assured of having their pets getting regular exercises even when they are away. It is important to note that all dogs need a given amount of simulation so as to remain active. The outdoors offer stimulating sound, smells and sights which are not available indoors. When the dogs walk naturally, they get an opportunity to be happy and healthy. When a dog gets more energy it can keep running and jumping around your apartment or compound.
Trained and qualified dog walkers can ensure that your dog is getting the much required social experience. Just like human beings the dogs are also social animals and therefore they need to go around. Bored dogs have been reported to be destructive and hence cause a lot of damage. Having your dog walking with other dogs creates a sense of simulation, exercise and companionship.
Pets that undertake regular exercises are very easier to manage and also very restless. A barking dog can become a nuisance to the neighbors. It is the duty of the dog owner to develop a plan for the dog walking.
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Dog Walking, Visiting and Puppy Day Care.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Greenwood Greenbriar and near by communities.