If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Great Pains, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Great Pains Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Great Pains Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/east-calgary/
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
Many people consider their pets as a family member. A pet dog has to be given attention, and this is a time consuming activity. Sometimes a dog owner is not able to give adequate care due to a job, traveling schedule or distant other commitments. There are a number of dog care agencies that provide the solution in such situations. A dog owner can easily locate the addresses of dog care agencies in their area from the newspapers, Internet or directories.
Dog care agencies offer services such as pet sitting, house sitting and daily dog walks. Some agencies provide a service of daily emails to the owner to give messages on how the dog is doing. Dog care services typically employ pet sitters who are pet lovers and provide the best care and lots of love and attention.
Many of these great services will visit your home and care for your dog. Services include providing your pet with fresh food and water, bathing, brushing and walking. The agency will also give medications and vitamins to your pet, and arrange for medical treatment in case the pet has a serious illness.
Some pet care agencies offer special packages that make it easier to accept shorter notice reservation requests for periodical care at home. In such cases, the pet care agency requires two sets of the house keys. One set is picked up at the initial visit to an owner's home when the sitter gets acquainted with the pet. The other is held for emergency situations when the regular sitter cannot make it to the owner's home for some reason or other.
Most pet care agencies offer quality standards and professional service. They have a veterinarian, available on call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If the veterinarian available is to far away from your home, the agency will assist you in finding one closer
Dog care services go a long way in helping a pet owner feel comfortable about leaving their dog in the hands of someone who truly cares and knows how do take care of animals.
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Great Pains and near by communities.