If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Glamorgan, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Glamorgan Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker in Glamorgan Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Servicing Your Canine's Needs.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
You love your pets, and if you consider yours part of the family, your "babies" and worry about their well being while you're away, then it's time to consider a personalized service such as pet sitting in your home.
Let's face it - many boarding kennels provide adequate service, but your pets are not in the comfort of their own home. Often, kennels are noisy environments where senior and young animals, those with anxiety or stress and illness do not cope well. Pets may also be exposed to kennel cough, canine flu, stress diarrhea, and some refuse to eat due to the strange surroundings.
It's wonderful when your dog can romp in his own yard or go on a walk with a pet sitter in his own neighborhood. Imagine your cat stretching out in her favorite patch of sun and having a clean litter box daily. All pets get love, pets, and attention one-on-one, and lots of playtime! Pet sitters provide a nurturing service that helps keep your pets happy, coddled and content while you are away on vacations and business trips.
Another plus of this unique service is the home care that is included. There is no need to stop the mail or newspapers, your pet sitter will bring those inside, including packages left at your door. Home security checks are performed, plants watered, and trash taken to the curb. Your home has a lived-in look as lights are alternated and curtains opened or closed according to your instructions.
Many pet owners are not aware that they can enjoy the benefits of a pet sitter without having to inconvenience neighbors, friends or family members. It also eliminates have to take pets to a boarding kennels, and then worry about pick up times. Pets are waiting at home, happy and well cared for. As an added bonus, if you have multiple pets, you can save a ton of money, as most visits are based on time, and include all pets in a household. If you have exotics, or animals such as horses, livestock, and farm animals, you can probably find a pet sitter that specializes in these types of care.
There are pet sitting services that offer care for special needs pets. For instance, those of advanced age with arthritis or illness. Post surgical care, dressing changes, and assistance with dog "wheelies" are areas many pet sitters can deal with while you are away. The majority are skilled at administering oral, injectable medications, fluid hydrations (under the skin), and applying ear, eye, and skin ointments and drops. Don't forget very young puppies! Many benefit from the additional visits during a busy work day for potty breaks, leash training and socialization to people outside their family.
Midday dog walking service is almost always a service offered by professional pet sitters. If you have long days at the office, or have a meeting that runs over, your pet sitter can stop by to walk, play with and feed your pet when you can't. Ask for discounts for prepaid services or weekly service.
So how does a pet sitting service usually work? Most professional pet sitters will offer a consultation, during which they have an opportunity to meet you and your pets. All instructions for the care of your pets and home are obtained during this meeting, and arrangements for key pickup. Once you hire the pet sitter of your choice, it's just a matter of calling, sending an email, or using a website ordering system to request pet sitting whenever you need it.
If you are considering using a pet sitter, here are some tips for choosing a great service for your home and pets:
1. Be sure your pet sitter carries liability insurance and is bonded.
2. Ask for references, and check them!
3. Consider experience, background and hiring practices if the service has multiple sitters.
4. Find out what disaster plans the pet sitter will follow as applicable to your area (hurricanes, earthquake, blizzards, etc.)
5. Inquire to the procedure followed should your pet require a veterinarian.
6. Make certain you feel comfortable with the person you are interviewing. Look for confidence, knowledge, and ask lots of questions. Also see if your pets are comfortable with the person.
Once you have chosen a professional pet sitting service to care for your precious babies, here are some suggestions for making the pet care experience more productive:
1. Make sure all food, medications, treats, leashes, and other essentials are in clear view for your sitter.
2. Double check that all forms and information has been provided, including your vet information and a trusted emergency contact.
3. Take up anything your pets might get into or chew up. Don't forget about plants, candy dishes, foods left out on counters, and anything tempting (shoes, kid's toys, etc.).
4. Be certain that your doors and windows are closed and locked, and that you haven't changed any codes or keys since the last time your pet sitter provided service.
5. Inspect all collars, leashes and harnesses for wear, frayed areas, and that they fit properly. Replace or refit any equipment as required.
6. Make arrangements for things such as snow removal, or leave out a shovel and ice-melt for small jobs during snow storms.
7. Water all indoor and outdoor plants once before leaving.
8. Scoop the yard and litter boxes once before service begins.
9. Leave notes with any additional information you wish the pet sitter to know.
10. Make sure the porch light works, especially for sitters arriving after dark.
Once you have used the services of professional pet sitter, chances are you will love the service and be an avid repeat user!
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Glamorgan and near by communities.