If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Foothills, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Foothills Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalking in Foothills Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/east-calgary/
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
A professional dog walker is someone who will, for a fee, take your dog out for a walk whilst you are busy or away from home. Dog walking is a relatively new service industry and this article looks at reasons why hiring a dog walker can be a positive step for both you and your dog.
Many people lead busy lifestyles due to work and family commitments, and as a nation we are living longer. Some people find it increasingly difficult to give their dog the walk it deserves. A dog walker can relieve some of the pressure and offer a helping hand. If you feel that despite your best efforts, you have not been meeting your dog's needs for exercise, you may feel guilty. Hiring a professional dog walker can be a weight off your shoulder and meeting your dog's needs leads to a more enjoyable and rewarding experience for both you and your loyal companion.
Dogs that are left alone for long periods of time can become bored and lonely and this can lead to destructive behaviour. Dogs need company and they need regular exercise to keep them healthy and happy. If your dog has had an afternoon walk or play session, he will be tired out and content. You are more likely to return home to a house that is still in one piece.
If you have a puppy a dog walker can visit your house several times throughout the day for short toilet breaks. When your puppy is allowed outside the home, your walker can provide it with valuable opportunities to socialise. Socialisation is a very important part of your puppy's development. A dog that has been well socialised tends to grow up to become a confident, well-balanced pet who is happy to interact with other people and animals. Walking this type of dog is much easier and more enjoyable than walking one which has not had early socialisation experiences.
Professional dog walkers provide a valuable service and if you find someone who is reliable and trustworthy you and your dog can go on to develop a lasting friendship that enhances both your lives.
Need A Local Dog Walker: Questions To Find The Right Match For Your Dog?
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Hire Pet Care Services to Take Good Care of Your Pets.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Foothills and near by communities.