If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Downtown East Village, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Downtown East Village Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
If you own a dog then you will know how important it is to ensure that it is walked often to keep them fit and healthy. If you work long hours then you might find it difficult to keep up the regular dog walking. If you are a responsible dog owner then you will want to find a solution for the fact that you are unable to walk your dog as often as you like. Using a dog walker could be the answer to your problems and finding the right one is essential.
If you live in a built up area or have very little outdoor space then your dog will crave exercise and walking. Although some people think that dogs shouldn't live in the city if you are a sensible dog owner then there always solutions to your problems. Hiring the right dog walker can mean that your beloved dog is getting the exercise and attention they need during the day. Although professional dog walkers are becoming very popular you need to ensure that you choose the right one for your needs. They need to be reliable, affordable and someone who you trust with your dog and often your house keys as well.
You have to think about exactly what you require and need from a dog walker often they offer different services and you have to consider if you need all of them or just some. You have to consider if you want to use a big company or a smaller organization to trust your dog with. Although a larger company will offer you more services and more security a smaller company or person will offer you a personal service. Larger companies cannot guarantee that your dog will have the same walker every day and this can cause your dog to get upset and distressed.
You have to decide if you want your dog to build up a good relationship with the walker and if this is the case then you will want the company to guarantee the same walker. Although you may find it easier to use a smaller company as this will guarantee the same face is walking your dog every day. You have to establish a routine with the dog walker and decide when a good time for them to walk your dog. Lunchtime slots will become booked up fast so if there are none available then you will have to be flexible and change the time. You also need to be aware that there will be occasions when the dog walker has to move the times around and you should be aware this will happen.
Choosing a dog walker is a very personal thing to be doing and you should meet the person who is responsible for your dog in person. You can then ask them if they will be walking your dog on its own or in packs and where exactly they will be walking your dog. You have to like the person who is going to walk your dog and see them walking your dog on a trial basis. Once you have found the perfect dog walker then you will be happy knowing that your dog is being looked after.
Own a Dog? Learn More About Dog Walking.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Downtown East Village and near by communities.