If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Diamond Cove, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Diamond Cove Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in Diamond Cove Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Dogs - The Joy of Pet Sitters.
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
If you own a dog then you will know how important it is to ensure that it is walked often to keep them fit and healthy. If you work long hours then you might find it difficult to keep up the regular dog walking. If you are a responsible dog owner then you will want to find a solution for the fact that you are unable to walk your dog as often as you like. Using a dog walker could be the answer to your problems and finding the right one is essential.
If you live in a built up area or have very little outdoor space then your dog will crave exercise and walking. Although some people think that dogs shouldn't live in the city if you are a sensible dog owner then there always solutions to your problems. Hiring the right dog walker can mean that your beloved dog is getting the exercise and attention they need during the day. Although professional dog walkers are becoming very popular you need to ensure that you choose the right one for your needs. They need to be reliable, affordable and someone who you trust with your dog and often your house keys as well.
You have to think about exactly what you require and need from a dog walker often they offer different services and you have to consider if you need all of them or just some. You have to consider if you want to use a big company or a smaller organization to trust your dog with. Although a larger company will offer you more services and more security a smaller company or person will offer you a personal service. Larger companies cannot guarantee that your dog will have the same walker every day and this can cause your dog to get upset and distressed.
You have to decide if you want your dog to build up a good relationship with the walker and if this is the case then you will want the company to guarantee the same walker. Although you may find it easier to use a smaller company as this will guarantee the same face is walking your dog every day. You have to establish a routine with the dog walker and decide when a good time for them to walk your dog. Lunchtime slots will become booked up fast so if there are none available then you will have to be flexible and change the time. You also need to be aware that there will be occasions when the dog walker has to move the times around and you should be aware this will happen.
Choosing a dog walker is a very personal thing to be doing and you should meet the person who is responsible for your dog in person. You can then ask them if they will be walking your dog on its own or in packs and where exactly they will be walking your dog. You have to like the person who is going to walk your dog and see them walking your dog on a trial basis. Once you have found the perfect dog walker then you will be happy knowing that your dog is being looked after.
Need A Local Dog Walker: Questions To Find The Right Match For Your Dog?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Diamond Cove and near by communities.