If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Crestmont, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Crestmont Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Need Dog Walker in Crestmont Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
If you own a dog then you will know how important it is to ensure that it is walked often to keep them fit and healthy. If you work long hours then you might find it difficult to keep up the regular dog walking. If you are a responsible dog owner then you will want to find a solution for the fact that you are unable to walk your dog as often as you like. Using a dog walker could be the answer to your problems and finding the right one is essential.
If you live in a built up area or have very little outdoor space then your dog will crave exercise and walking. Although some people think that dogs shouldn't live in the city if you are a sensible dog owner then there always solutions to your problems. Hiring the right dog walker can mean that your beloved dog is getting the exercise and attention they need during the day. Although professional dog walkers are becoming very popular you need to ensure that you choose the right one for your needs. They need to be reliable, affordable and someone who you trust with your dog and often your house keys as well.
You have to think about exactly what you require and need from a dog walker often they offer different services and you have to consider if you need all of them or just some. You have to consider if you want to use a big company or a smaller organization to trust your dog with. Although a larger company will offer you more services and more security a smaller company or person will offer you a personal service. Larger companies cannot guarantee that your dog will have the same walker every day and this can cause your dog to get upset and distressed.
You have to decide if you want your dog to build up a good relationship with the walker and if this is the case then you will want the company to guarantee the same walker. Although you may find it easier to use a smaller company as this will guarantee the same face is walking your dog every day. You have to establish a routine with the dog walker and decide when a good time for them to walk your dog. Lunchtime slots will become booked up fast so if there are none available then you will have to be flexible and change the time. You also need to be aware that there will be occasions when the dog walker has to move the times around and you should be aware this will happen.
Choosing a dog walker is a very personal thing to be doing and you should meet the person who is responsible for your dog in person. You can then ask them if they will be walking your dog on its own or in packs and where exactly they will be walking your dog. You have to like the person who is going to walk your dog and see them walking your dog on a trial basis. Once you have found the perfect dog walker then you will be happy knowing that your dog is being looked after.
Apartment Dogs - Tips To Making Life Easier!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Deciding on a Good Dog Walking Firm.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Crestmont and near by communities.