If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Cityscape, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Cityscape Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walker in Cityscape Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
These are some of the most common reasons why pet owners enrol their dogs in behaviour training, yet the truth of the matter is that these habits often have a much simpler solution. While we may not think about it often, dogs actually have a strong need for mental and physical stimulation. Believe it or not, regular dog walking can be all you need to help curb these behaviours for good while also making your pet healthier and happier.
When you hire a dog walking expert, you can actually tailor services to the needs of you and your pet. If you regularly walk your dog, you may find that you only need to hire someone to keep your pet active and exercised while you are on vacation. For many pet owners, having someone come in during the work day and just take the dog for a great walk can help keep things calm and can keep a dog from destroying the house while the owner is away.
The simple fact is that a dog should be walked at least once daily, with many high energy breeds requiring longer walks or more frequent walks. Walking does more than just burn off energy and provide exercise, it actually offers great mental stimulation. Processing all of the visuals and smells encountered during a great walk helps to exercise your pet's brain as much as its body, and the effects can have a surprising impact on your dog's mental health and sense of well-being. We all want only the best for our pets, and dog walking is really one of the best things you can do outside of proper veterinary care and quality feeding. We all need a healthy mind, body and soul not only for ourselves but also our pets.
Dog walking can offer a significant boost to longevity by helping to keep the heart and muscles active and well exercised, but it does more than this. In addition to helping add years to your dog's life, you will find that frequent walks help put more life in your dog's years. A well exercised dog will remain active and playful much longer than a pet that leads a more sedentary lifestyle. If you are unable to provide daily walks or need someone to help keep your dog active while you are at work or on vacation, a dog walking service can be a great option!
The Benefits of Using a Dog Walking Service!
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Cityscape and near by communities.