Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Dog Walking - Caution!
The number of households with dogs is forever increasing, and for many of these households finding the time to take the dog out for the daily walks it needs is sometimes understandably too much to cope with. This has lead to a great increase in popularity of professional dog walking services. A professional dog walker should be a caring person with a great deal of experience, working with, owning and looking after their own dogs as well as other, and of course a genuine affection for the animals.
A lot of things have to be taken into consideration when beginning professional dog walking. It is always a good idea to have insurance to protect your well being, should a dog you are walking happen to cause damage to a property or even attack and injure another dog. If you are a dog walker, it is a good idea to be able to provide a full and current Criminal background check report to any potential clients as the job often consists of collecting dogs from client homes and therefore holding/carrying property keys.
In regard to charges for professional dog walking services for a single dog, some locations can warrant rather costly rates than others. However the rate of charge per dog decreases with the increase in the number of dogs being walked. Length or distance of walks also plays a large factor in cost per walk. You might want to think about offering shorter distance or briefer time walks for ageing or smaller dogs as they do not require extended periods of exercise that most other bigger and fitter dogs do.
It is highly recommended that no more than four dogs should be walked by a single person at any one time. If you were to walk five or more dogs at any one time there is the likelihood of creating a pack mentality within the group and quite a disturbance can be created between a number, if not, all of the dogs. Perhaps even more importantly, if you are walking a larger group of dogs, the chances of the walker's commands being heard and obeyed diminishes the larger the group is. All these factors have lead to a number of city councils laying down legal restrictions as to how many dogs can be walked at any given time by a single person. The maximum restriction in most cases is four dogs.
Before walking a dog you should ensure that they are wearing the correct collar and also that it is not damaged and could break during the walk or cause the dog any discomfort when the walker pulls on the lead. It is also important to be sure you are using the correct length of lead for the particular size and height of the dog to help the walker maintain full control at all times. Leads are of course a must when walking a dog down a street, next to a road or town centre, but what about in large open spaces such as fields? It is highly recommended that a dog only be taken off the lead and aloud to run free if the walker is confident that the dog will respond and obey when he or she calls the dog back.
Another important issue these days is of course picking up after the dog you are walking. As a dog walker its is your duty to pick up any poo left behind by the dog(s) you may be walking which means having a strong supply of waste bags a hand at all times. And of course after picking up the mess you should dispose of the waste in the correct manner. Many parks are now littered with appropriate dumping bins which are designed especially for dog mess.
All in all dog walking can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for both the walker and the dog, not to mention the relief given to pet owners who employ a professional dog walking service. Walks are a necessity in a dog's life, just as much as water and nutritional food. A healthy and active lifestyle can lead to the animal being an all round calmer, more relaxed, obedient and happy pet for the owner to enjoy.
Hire Pet Care Services to Take Good Care of Your Pets.
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.