Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Dog Walking, Visiting and Puppy Day Care.
Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas, especially in towns and cities where people can't get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out. Dog walking appeals to many young people who may have some extra time on their hands and who are in good physical shape for walking dogs.
In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours and their dogs may be indoor dogs who can't go outside on their own. The dogs may be stuck in the house with no one to check on them all day or, in some cases, the dog may be crated. (Some dogs may have to be crated if they chew and destroy things in the house when they are left alone, for instance.) A dog walker can be in great demand in these circumstances.
If you are interested in starting a dog walking business there is not a large initial outlay of funds. You will need to be sure that you are insured, especially for the loss of one of your client's dogs or in case a dog that you are walking should bite someone. You can check with Pet Sitters Associates, LLC and Pet Sitters International regarding insurance. You do not have to be a member of Pet Sitters Associates, LLC to purchase insurance through them but you do have to be a member of PSI in order to purchase insurance.
You will also need some basic office supplies (even if you don't have an office) such as an appointment book and perhaps business cards. You may also want to have some invoices or sales receipts for your clients.
You should probably write up a simple contract to use with your clients. The contract should explain what your services will be and how much and when your clients will pay you. You may be able to find similar contracts already on the Internet.
Before you begin accepting clients you should also check to see if your state requires you to get business license. You should also talk to an accountant to see how your business should be set up financially. Finally, you will need to call your state's Department of Revenue to find out if you will need to tax your services. If you do, then you will need to pass these taxes on to your clients and report the taxes to the state each quarter.
If you plan to have other people working for you then you will need to be bonded. This will protect you in case someone working for you should take something from a client's home.
You can determine your rates by finding out what your competition is charging. In the beginning you will probably want to charge a little less in order to try to encourage customers to give you a try. Dog walking is usually charged according to time increments. You may also offer a monthly discount for people who sign up for an entire month from you in advance.
You may want to consider doing some advertising. This will help increase your business. At the very least you should put up your business card in vet offices, groomer salons, pet supply stores and other places where dog owners tend to visit. You should also consider writing up a press release about your new business and sending it to the local newspapers. Finally, it's a good idea to create a nice web site about your business, especially if you can create one that looks good.
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.