If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Burns Industrial, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Burns Industrial Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Premier Dog Walking Services!
When you get a new puppy or dog you need to house train your dog. Often owners might think that if they adopt a dog who was supposed to be house trained get a rude awakening when the dog goes indoors.
What you need to realize is that dog's do not generalize situations like humans. Just because a dog was house trained in one house does not guarantee that the dog will know that the same rules apply in the new house. That is when it is important to retrain the dog, this is what dog trainers call "Going Back To Kindergarten."
The good news is that your dog will learn faster the second time around since the dog already has a concept of going outside.
It is a common practice for new puppy owners leave their puppy at home with a potty mat for the puppy to potty on when they go to work and can't return to let the puppy out at the appropriate time. If you are going to be gone for the whole day this is a kind thing to do, since puppies cannot hold their bowels for long but at the same time it works against house breaking your puppy.
When you leave the puppy with potty pads for the day and your dog goes on the potty pads it is learning that it is OK to go inside your house. To believe that you can go back to training house training when you get back home is an illusion.
This gives the dog or puppy mixed message, it takes longer to house train your dog or puppy and since your puppy or dog is being reinforced to potty indoors when you are away you can expect the dog to have accidents in the house. Do not yell or punish the dog when this happens, it is not the dog's fault it is just doing what you taught it to do... go indoors when you are away.
For best results and to quickly house train any dog our dog should never be given the opportunity to go in the house. This way the puppy or dog is always reinforced by relieving itself outside as well as by you or another person taking the dog to pee outside.
You can do this easily by confining the dog in its crate when you cannot give it 100% of your attention to make sure the dog doesn't go indoors. and when its time for the dog or puppy to potty take him/her outside and when the deed is done lavishly praise and reinforce the puppy with treats and play.
But what happens when you have a puppy who cannot hold its bowels until you come home?
For this you can always ask a friend or neighbor to visit your puppy and let it out to potty, if you are 100% sure they are reliable. If you do not have any one you can rely on you can also use your local dog walking services.
Your dog walker will come to your house to pee and poop your puppy at the appropriate time. This way, the puppy will always get reinforced for going potty outside. This will strengthen your house training since the puppy will never get the chance to potty inside the house therefore, it will only learn that its good to go only outside.
Your dog walker should always reinforces puppies and dogs with praise, food, play and loving attention, making your puppy house training experience a walk in the park. Be sure that your local dog walking service does the same.
Dog Walking Can Keep Your Pet Healthier and Better Behaved!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services for Holidays.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Burns Industrial and near by communities.