If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Bridgeland Riverside, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
A Favorite Amongst Bridgeland Riverside Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Dog Walking - Keeping Your Dog Healthy!
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
Some Things To Know About Professional Dog Walking.
Caring for your dog is a major responsibility, and regrettably, for those of you who work, or are out of the home for lengthy periods of time, our precious family pet may be left alone, and many can be left feeling neglected.
For this reason, using the services of a professional dog walker or family pet care specialist is important. The demand for this service has soared over the past few years as individuals lives have become busier with work and social events.
A pet care specialist will also 'babysit' your dog if required, as some dog lovers prefer their dogs to have company the whole day whilst they are out. Others will simply use the dog walking service and have their pet walked every day.
When choosing the expert services of a dog walker through a firm it is very important that you meet the person that will be in control of your dog and make sure that they can both handle the dog and also take care of him properly.
Whether or not it is to exercise your dog daily or to play, care and walk him and keep him company throughout the working day, dog walking services and professional pet care is vital as research has shown that a number of dogs, that are left unattended for long periods of time, may start to chew personal belongings of the owner and, in some cases, become aggressive.
Depending on your dog, more than a couple of hours may also be too long to go without food or to relieve themselves.
Exercising your dog is not merely for physical exercise but it also helps your dog to have human contact which is crucial. Remember that lack of exercise will cause energy to build up and your dog could very well be fractious and aggressive too.
If you are having difficulties trying to juggle work, a social life and exercising your dog properly then appointing the expert services of a dog walker will give you satisfaction, that even though you are away, your dog is exercised, looked after and fed correctly.
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Bridgeland Riverside and near by communities.