If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Alyth Bonnybrook, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Alyth Bonnybrook Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
If you are a resident of Calgary and you own a puppy, then you need to know about keeping your dog happy. Simple gestures in life matter to us the most. Puppy's also feel that. Taking your dog for a walk is just one of those simple gestures in a dog's life. But, how do you do that and juggle a busy schedule as well. It is common for most dog owners to fail to even give the animal a pat and worse off a walk. Walking is the best way to exercise and keep a dog healthy. If you have no time, then get the services of a dog walker.
The dog walker does not have to live in your area to give it a walk. As long as you give the person a call, they will come to your home and collect your dog. Your dog can take a walk to the park or nature walks. Wherever your puppy goes, it will enjoy being free. There are different kinds of dog walking services that are available. There are some dog walkers who offer individual walks. This means that only your animal is taken for a walk and there is more attention given to it. The dog will enjoy being spoilt just like you would. There are other puppy walkers who will take several from different homes at the same time. Well, good for your dog. A puppy is a social animal, so it can get to be with other canines and may even pick up good habits from other.
Giving the dog some exercise is not the only benefit the dog will get from dog walking. The dog will also get the much needed and essential training. The dog will learn how to behave on the leash when it is out in public. As a dog gets used to the leash, it will tolerate it better. There are other simple commands that it will learn which are essential for good behavior. It will also learn how to behave when it meets other dogs. You do not want your dog to be aggressive and attack other dogs. Generally the behavior of your dog will improve.
You should always think about what your puppy's needs are. If you are working, then you will almost never get time to take the dog walking. You will probably get stuck in traffic when you are supposed to take your dog for that needed walk. Even if you work at home, you will need to do the housework, take the kids to school, and do the shopping and the laundry. By the end of the day you are too tired to be lugging a dog around. Dog walking has been gaining a lot of popularity amongst dog owners. It will be pretty mean to your puppy if you do not call up a dog walker to take your for a date.
Why Hire a Dog Walker?
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Dog Walking - Caution!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Alyth Bonnybrook and near by communities.