If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Abbeydale, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Abbeydale Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Abbeydale Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Dog Care Services.
If you and your dog are inseparable, planning a vacation may bring mixed emotions if the plan doesn't allow you to include your dog. Here are 5 things you can plan for your dog that will keep him (and you) happy while you're away.
1. Probably the least disrupting plan is to let him stay home in familiar surroundings, and hire someone to stay in your home while you're away. Think outside the box and invite an out-of-town family member or friend to stay in your home as a free vacation in return for taking care of your pooch. This needs to be someone you trust totally, and someone your dog likes and who likes your dog. If you do this you must start early by introducing this person to your dog gradually until they are both comfortable with each other. Try leaving the room for longer periods of times, and finally leaving the house with your dog and care taker alone. Then when your vacation day arrives, it's not such an abrupt change for them to be alone with each other.
2. Explore your neighborhood for an older teen who lives close by and is responsible enough to come over several times each day and feed, play, and walk your dog. It goes without saying that this young person should be trustworthy and have a good relationship with your dog. Planning ahead to give everyone a chance to adjust to the new routine is paramount if things are to go smoothly while you are away. Make sure the teen's parents are willing to serve as back up in any kind of emergency.
3. If you are unable to find someone who you trust or who wants to live in your home while you are away, there are pet services that will send someone one in as many times as you like to feed, walk, and visit. Be sure to get recommendations from others who have used them, and a licensed and/or bonded company would provide even more peace of mind for you. Introduction to this person should happen well in advance of your trip to anticipate any problems and to give your dog a chance to adjust. If walking your dog is going to be part of what the care taker will do, walk with them the first several times, and then let them go for a short walk alone, and finally a longer walk. If all goes well, the transition should go smoothly while you are away. If you will also need this person to give medication, make sure you let the sitter practice giving treats (maybe with and without the medicine) before you leave.
4. Ask your parents if your dog could stay with them. This is the perfect solution because your parents already know and love your dog (hopefully) and this is a transition that would be seamless if they have a fenced back yard. If this is a possibility, make sure you take your dog with you when you visit, and gradually leave for longer periods of times before you come back. If your parents have other pets make sure they all get along well before considering this plan. Eventually, your pooch won't miss a beat when you pack it up to go for an extended stay at what it will come to feel is its home away from home.
5. Professional boarding is last on this list because it requires the most adjusting for your dog. Some dogs are better at this than others so you will have to determine if this is a plan you should consider. Some facilities offer more services than others. For instance you can pay extra to have your dog walked several times a day, and facilities that offer outdoor swimming, play time, and human and canine interaction are often more expensive. Start looking around your town early, get recommendations from your veterinarian and other dog owners about boarding facilities that they feel are top notch. Drop into facilities that you are considering at random times and see how the other dogs look, how the place smells, and talk with people who may be coming and going to get their opinions about the care their dog received. The facility you select should smell fresh and clean and the dogs should look happy and healthy.
Traits a Good Professional Dog Walker
It might sound really funny at first, but there are professionals that have made a business out of dog walking because of the fact that they love dogs and they enjoy every experience with them. Why not make some money out of this in the meanwhile? We live in a world where people are not busy, they are super busy. They barely have the time for themselves to eat, sleep and work. Even if they are dog lovers, most of them don't have the physical time to take care of them properly. This is one of the reasons why some dogs are not taken out properly, others are not fed correctly and so on. That's the reason why the dog walking professionals are a great choice when it comes to this particular need. They are the persons that can enhance the quality of your dog's life, just by taking them for a walk on a daily basis.
There are people that enjoy doing this so much, that they take dogs from various people around the city and take them all for a walk. It really depends on the person, but there were cases when professionals took about 12 dogs out at the same time! It's really a hobby that has been transformed in a business by the ones that wanted to combine their love for dogs with a practical thing to do. An aspect that you should know about is related to the idea that there are some states where you need to have a document stating you are part of dog walking professionals. This is something that you can have online, from a referral or you can opt for obtaining it locally. It really depends on the fastest way that you want to apply. Furthermore, there is the idea of pricing. It's really something that you should be aware from the beginning: it's not the best paid job in the world, but if you build up your reputation and take care of the dogs properly, you can easily earn a good sum of money in order to have a decent life. This is not something that you do for money, as you do it because you love dogs as well. A piece of advice here is related to the idea that if you want to make more money out of dog walking, you should think about various possibilities that you can add to this particular service as well. For example, there are people that choose to wash the dogs as well. It's not that complicated and the products that you use are really easy to find and the pricing is really set by you.
Think about it, who wouldn't hire a dog walking professional that delivers some great work and some reasonable prices. It's basically the best thing that you can do when it comes to what you can offer. If you talk to your clients and highlight what you are capable of doing, they will have more confidence in your services.
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Abbeydale and near by communities.