If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Wildwood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Wildwood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in Wildwood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
Why Hire a Dog Walker?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Tips for Finding a Dog Walker!
Dog Training Collars - A head halter gives the owner complete control over the dog. This training collar is one of the only tools that teaches your dog that you are the leader. There is no pain and owners can have a pleasant walk with very little effort.
Classic training dog collars...prong choke types are difficult to properly use. They are based on performing the desired behavior to avoid pain. These collars can cause permanent damage to structures of the neck and cut off airways. Your dog may be well-behaved and trained to wear a conventional collar and or a harness. You may also be comfortable with a sturdy retractable leash.
Dog Walking Tips - Before you start your dog's tail-wagging stroll, you need to make sure you give some thought to the event. Are you walking down the street or to some other location? Will your dog be well-behaved and obedient?
Call the Department of Parks and Recreation to find locations and data on the dog rules. Some locations do not allow dogs and some allow dogs. You could be ticketed for dog violations. It is a good idea to make sure your dog tags and/or micro chip ID's are on your dog.
What to Bring on the Walk - Normally dogs do not need to wear any type of clothing or jacket. Small dogs or warm weather animals visiting a cold climate are an exception. Dogs naturally try to regulate their own body temperatures. A "pooper scooper" or "dog baggies" are essential for the expedition. Bring water for you and your dog...unless you know it is available at your walking destination. A collapsible water bowl is good idea... some dogs will not drink from other sources.
Find a Dog Walker - If you need to find a dog walker, you will find this is a fast growing business with many listings and available services. Dog Walker Dot Com, is a free service with listings across the United States. You can search by locations, neighborhoods or zip codes. You will be able to find the right company for your pet dog.
Conclusion - It does not matter whether you are walking your dog or finding a dog walker...you canine friend needs exercise and outings to stay healthy. You always want this to be a pleasant and successful campaign..before you depart, make sure you are prepared.
Simple Dog Walking Tips!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Wildwood and near by communities.