If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Walden, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Walden Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in Walden Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Dog Walking Services - How to Pick a Dog Walker?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
The Benefits of Using a Dog Walking Service!
For people who love animals owning a dog is an essential part of living a happy, fulfilled life. The companionship and enjoyment of sharing your home with a puppy or adult dog can be amazing. What many people don't fully appreciate are the amazing health benefits their ownership can provide. Research has proved that dog owners tend to have lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Obviously regular walking leads to a healthier lifestyle reducing weight and most importantly stress levels. It has also been found that children who grow up in households with dogs seem to have a reduced risk of developing asthma and allergies later on in life. For older people or those vulnerable to loneliness the needs of a dog and the companionship they can offer can make a radical difference to their fulfilling and well-being. The social interaction involved with dog walking can be a great way to interact with people on a daily basis.
Owning a dog can difficult if you work, have family commitments or are physically unable to exercise your pet due to illness, disability or old age. This can be a major consideration when deciding whether to have a dog or not. The main factor to consider is lifestyle and time. Canine ownership can make holidays and weekend breaks difficult. They need regular exercise; between 30 and 60 minutes per day and this can be difficult to fit into today's hectic lifestyles. With many households having all members out all day at school or work some dogs can be left for long periods.
The benefits of dog ownership outweighs the disadvantages. The balance can be tipped even further in favour of owning a dog by using a dog walking service. Using a service such as this can be very beneficial. You can own a dog guilt free, knowing you are providing adequate exercise for your pet. A dog's behaviour at home can be greatly improved by a good run about and socialising with other dogs. Stress about fitting walking into a busy schedule can be alleviated and you can really enjoy the time you have with your pet. Using a dog walking service doesn't have to be costly; just once or twice a week could make a significant difference to you and your pet. Finding the right dog walking service for you will make all the difference, a friendly, reliable service that you and your pet can really get to know and trust will make dog ownership even more rewarding and enjoyable.
Bexhill on Sea in East Sussex is a seaside town brimming with dogs of all shapes and sizes. With many wonderful places to walk such as the Bexhill downs, Galley hill, the newly developed Bexhill promenade or on the beach at low tide. Walks to suit all types can be found here.
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Walden and near by communities.