If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in University District, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst University District Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers Wanted in University District Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Simple Dog Walking Tips!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
In most areas pets are regarded as family members and therefore highly regarded. Getting the right person to take care of the pet can be a tough process. It does not matter whether you are after a pet sitter, there is a need to look for someone who you can trust and will take care of your pets. In this article we detail some of the tips that you can take into account in finding a dog walker.
Getting the right dog walker can be a noble way of taking care of your pet. Your dogs need exercise and good outdoor time. If you have a small children or busy schedule, it will be hard to take your dog out. It is a good idea to employ the services offered by a dog walker. This is one of the best ways to ensure that your pet's needs are taken care of even when you are on a busy schedule.
One of the common methods used to find the right dog sitter is by relying on the word of mouth. Using this method it is possible to find the right person who you can trust. Ask your neighbors who dogs. You can also use the internet as one of your resources to locate a dog walker. Using dog walking services from your locality is a good idea.
It is important to note that there is a great difference from the people who love dogs and those who just walk them. It is a good idea to find the people who surely care and love the dogs. You can ask the walker if he owns a dog. The follow up questions can help you know their true love about dogs. You can also check whether they are willing to adhere to your instructions and your statements.
It is important to note that finding the right pet sitter or dog caretaker can be a difficult exercise. This is so because the person involved should come into your home and take care of your dog. During these times it is possible that you are away. Therefore there is a need to work with a professional and reputable company in your locality. You should ensure that the company is registered and licensed. Its employees should be professionals who are well trained. Also there is a need to look for an obedient and trustworthy person who cannot steal from you.
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of University District and near by communities.