If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Stoney 3, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Stoney 3 Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in Stoney 3 Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Three Things You Must Ask When Interviewing a Local Dog Walker!
In most areas pets are regarded as family members and therefore highly regarded. Getting the right person to take care of the pet can be a tough process. It does not matter whether you are after a pet sitter, there is a need to look for someone who you can trust and will take care of your pets. In this article we detail some of the tips that you can take into account in finding a dog walker.
Getting the right dog walker can be a noble way of taking care of your pet. Your dogs need exercise and good outdoor time. If you have a small children or busy schedule, it will be hard to take your dog out. It is a good idea to employ the services offered by a dog walker. This is one of the best ways to ensure that your pet's needs are taken care of even when you are on a busy schedule.
One of the common methods used to find the right dog sitter is by relying on the word of mouth. Using this method it is possible to find the right person who you can trust. Ask your neighbors who dogs. You can also use the internet as one of your resources to locate a dog walker. Using dog walking services from your locality is a good idea.
It is important to note that there is a great difference from the people who love dogs and those who just walk them. It is a good idea to find the people who surely care and love the dogs. You can ask the walker if he owns a dog. The follow up questions can help you know their true love about dogs. You can also check whether they are willing to adhere to your instructions and your statements.
It is important to note that finding the right pet sitter or dog caretaker can be a difficult exercise. This is so because the person involved should come into your home and take care of your dog. During these times it is possible that you are away. Therefore there is a need to work with a professional and reputable company in your locality. You should ensure that the company is registered and licensed. Its employees should be professionals who are well trained. Also there is a need to look for an obedient and trustworthy person who cannot steal from you.
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Stoney 3 and near by communities.