If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Stoney 3, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Stoney 3 Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in Stoney 3 Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
For people who love animals owning a dog is an essential part of living a happy, fulfilled life. The companionship and enjoyment of sharing your home with a puppy or adult dog can be amazing. What many people don't fully appreciate are the amazing health benefits their ownership can provide. Research has proved that dog owners tend to have lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Obviously regular walking leads to a healthier lifestyle reducing weight and most importantly stress levels. It has also been found that children who grow up in households with dogs seem to have a reduced risk of developing asthma and allergies later on in life. For older people or those vulnerable to loneliness the needs of a dog and the companionship they can offer can make a radical difference to their fulfilling and well-being. The social interaction involved with dog walking can be a great way to interact with people on a daily basis.
Owning a dog can difficult if you work, have family commitments or are physically unable to exercise your pet due to illness, disability or old age. This can be a major consideration when deciding whether to have a dog or not. The main factor to consider is lifestyle and time. Canine ownership can make holidays and weekend breaks difficult. They need regular exercise; between 30 and 60 minutes per day and this can be difficult to fit into today's hectic lifestyles. With many households having all members out all day at school or work some dogs can be left for long periods.
The benefits of dog ownership outweighs the disadvantages. The balance can be tipped even further in favour of owning a dog by using a dog walking service. Using a service such as this can be very beneficial. You can own a dog guilt free, knowing you are providing adequate exercise for your pet. A dog's behaviour at home can be greatly improved by a good run about and socialising with other dogs. Stress about fitting walking into a busy schedule can be alleviated and you can really enjoy the time you have with your pet. Using a dog walking service doesn't have to be costly; just once or twice a week could make a significant difference to you and your pet. Finding the right dog walking service for you will make all the difference, a friendly, reliable service that you and your pet can really get to know and trust will make dog ownership even more rewarding and enjoyable.
Bexhill on Sea in East Sussex is a seaside town brimming with dogs of all shapes and sizes. With many wonderful places to walk such as the Bexhill downs, Galley hill, the newly developed Bexhill promenade or on the beach at low tide. Walks to suit all types can be found here.
Dog Walking and Weight Loss.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Hire Pet Care Services to Take Good Care of Your Pets.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Stoney 3 and near by communities.