If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Rosscarrock, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Rosscarrock Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Agency in Rosscarrock Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/west-calgary/
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting Service?
Pet sitter. The two words that bring joy to the hearts of dogs and dog trainers across the country. A relationship with a pet sitter is one of the most important relationships a dog owner will ever have.
What is a pet sitter?
Pet sitters are professional animal care providers who take care of your pets when you're not home. I'm not referring to the neighbor who occasionally lets your dog out or the teenager with a part-time dog walking service. I'm talking about professional pet sitters, whose full-time business is taking care of their customers' pets.
Why should I hire a pet sitter?
A pet sitter is the one resource you can always count on. Whether you have an emergency, are going on vacation, or want to schedule daily visits for your pet, a pet sitter is always available. Of equal importance, they provide for your pet, the same, exceptional care that you would.
From a behavioral standpoint, there are several benefits to hiring a pet sitter. If you're leaving town for vacation, boarding facilities are fine, but pets tend to be less stressed at home in their own environment. When you ask family, neighbors or your own kids to watch your dogs, there are some risks. While these folks are always willing to help, they typically don't have the training, education or experience required to handle an emergency or deal with dramatic pet behavior. A dog's behavior does change when their "parents" are not present. When Fluffy bolts out the front door, is your teenager going to know what to do? Will he even notice? Did he leave the door open on purpose? Pet sitters are experienced dog handlers. They expect the unexpected and know exactly how to handle it. They understand that adorable and well-behaved Fluffy is probably going to show her fur once Mom and Dad are gone, and they know how to mitigate the resulting behaviors and situations. Hiring a professional will substantially decrease your worry while you are away.
Dogs home alone all day suffer from a lack of physical and mental stimulation. This manifests itself in destructive or obsessive behaviors, which include excessive barking, licking, tail chasing and running in circles. Unlike cats, dogs are not solitary creatures. They are bred as companion pets and have an innate need to be with people. Lacking this, they become bored and frustrated and act out with poor behaviors. For the pets that are home alone all day, hiring a pet sitter to visit every day substantially impacts the pet's well-being which directly affects their behavior.
The last, yet equally important reason to have a daily pet sitter is simply this...can you hold it for 10 hours?
If you're out of the house all day, you can't expect your pet not to have an accident. In fact, many of the calls we get relative to housebreaking problems aren't really housebreaking problems at all. Rather, it's that the dogs are given no other choice. Like humans, pets cannot hold their bladders or bowels for long periods of time.
What services do they offer and what is the cost?
Services and fees vary, so be sure to ask these questions when you are interviewing pet sitters. The two services our dog trainers recommend the most are potty-breaks, to allow the pet to relieve himself, and long walks which provide physical and mental stimulation to break up the monotony of the pet's day. From a behavioral standpoint, and for the pet's emotional well-being, pet sitters are worth their weight in gold.
Keeping Your Older Dog Healthy With Walking!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Rosscarrock and near by communities.