If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Rosedale, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Rosedale Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Rosedale Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
The Benefits of Employing a Professional Dog Walker!
Taking good care of your dog is a huge responsibility, and unfortunately, for those of you who work, or are out of the house for long periods of time, our beloved family friend may be left alone, and many can be left feeling abandoned. Which is why, hiring the services of a professional canine walker or family pet care specialist is essential. The demand for this service has risen over recent years as people's lives have become busier with work and social events.
When employing the services of a dog walker through a agency it is very important that you meet the person that will be in control of your dog and ensure they can both deal the dog and also take care of him appropriately.
A family pet care specialist will also 'babysit' your dog if needed, as some dog owners prefer their dogs to have company all day long whilst they are out. Others will merely use the walking service and have their pet exercised daily.
Whether or not it is to exercise your dog daily or to care, play and walk him and keep him company all day, dog walking services and professional pet care is vital as research has shown that quite a few dogs, that are left unattended for long periods of time, may begin to chew on private belongings of the owner and, in some cases, become aggressive. Depending on your dog, more than a few hours may also be too much time to go with out food or to relieve themselves.
Exercising your dog is not only for physical exercise but it also helps your dog to have human contact which is very important. Remember that lack of exercise may cause energy to build up and your dog could very well be irritable and hot-headed too.
If you are struggling trying to juggle work, a social life and exercising your dog correctly then hiring the services of a dog walker will give you peace of mind, that whilst you are away, your dog is exercised, looked after and fed correctly.
Why Hire a Dog Walker?
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Rosedale and near by communities.