If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in New Brighton, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst New Brighton Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Pet Walk in New Brighton Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/se-calgary/
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Most people who do not exercise tend to be prone to diseases like cardiovascular diseases or even chronic diseases. The best exercise some people get is walking from the front door to the car, which will probably be a meter or so. Later, a life threatening condition is discovered and the doctors send you on an exercise program. Just like us, dogs also need to exercise even if you have a big backyard. Even though you live in up market Beverly Hills or Pacific Palisades, where there is plenty of space, your dog still needs to go out. Behavior of dogs has been studied and the dogs with behavioral problems are those that live in isolation and do not get enough exercise. The energy that your dog has will be dissipated on chewing up and scratching the sofas and digging up your favorite roses.
Most dog owners just do not have the time to indulge their pets. If you live in Calgary, then you are in luck. There are pet sitting service providers who will take your dog walking for you. All you need to do is mention where you are and your dog will be collected for his day out. Dog walkers can be hired for a specified period of time from 30 minutes to 2 hours. This will depend on you, the dog parent. The longer a dog is out the better. There are different types of walks offered. There are normal walks like those to the park or just around the neighborhood. These are generally short walks. Then there are nature walks where your dog is taken to the countryside. These walks will take a longer period of time. Nature walks are the best gift to any dog. Not only does he get to be off the leash, he can explore around. Some dog walkers provide a one to one basis service. This is where only your dog is taken out without other dogs. Your dog will enjoy the attention that he will get. There is also group walking. It is also beneficial for your dog as he will learn how to behave with other dogs.
You will see a change in the way your dog behaves. You will be able to manage him better. Obviously he will have to learn leash etiquettes and other basic commands. Some of the most important commands are heel, come and stay. Once he has learned how to heel; he will follow where you lead. Those are just some of the rewards you will get from trusting the Calgary dog walking experts with your dog.
At the end of the day, your dog is rejuvenated physically, mentally and spiritually. This will definitely contribute immensely to growth. Your dog will be healthier and happier. You can look through pet sitting service providers to find the right dog walker and dog walking routine that will suit you and your beloved pet. Walking will keep your dog healthy always.
The Benefits of Employing a Professional Dog Walker!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Day in the Life of a Professional Dog Walker and Pet Sitter.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of New Brighton and near by communities.