If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Mount Pleasant, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Mount Pleasant Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
Why would you hire a dog walker? Surely if you took the time to buy a dog, you knew of the commitment and was well aware that your new best friend would need walks? With the growing trend of hiring other people to walk our pets for us, it may lead us to question what makes dog walkers so special and why would anyone want to hire one? Well, here a 5 reasons to consider.
For those of us that work, we often feel guilty that our beloved pets may be left at home, lonely, bored and sometimes frightened. A hired dog walker can help with this. They offer services that involve collecting dogs during the day and taking them for a good, long walk when we can't always manage it ourselves.
During the autumn and winter months, the weather can be cold and wet and the dark nights can often leave some dog owners feeling a little vulnerable. The last thing that anyone really feels like doing is going out on a dark and rainy evening to take their dog for a walk. Some dog walkers offer evening services that can cater for just this.
If you only have one dog, he or she may greatly benefit from being taken on walks with other dogs. Dog walkers offer group walks enabling your pet to play and interact with other dogs in a safe and exciting environment.
Large dogs can often prove to be difficult and strenuous to walk. They need long, energetic walks but keeping them on a lead can be awkward and straining, especially for the elderly. An experienced walker would be able to take the strain away by giving it the walks it needs leaving you to enjoy the company of your dog at home!
Dog walkers are very handy for those days when you know that, with the best will in the world, you will not have the time or energy to take your pet for a walk. A professional person with a love of dogs is there for that very need.
Why You Should Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Mount Pleasant and near by communities.