If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Maple Ridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Maple Ridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Companies in Maple Ridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Why would you hire a dog walker? Surely if you took the time to buy a dog, you knew of the commitment and was well aware that your new best friend would need walks? With the growing trend of hiring other people to walk our pets for us, it may lead us to question what makes dog walkers so special and why would anyone want to hire one? Well, here a 5 reasons to consider.
For those of us that work, we often feel guilty that our beloved pets may be left at home, lonely, bored and sometimes frightened. A hired dog walker can help with this. They offer services that involve collecting dogs during the day and taking them for a good, long walk when we can't always manage it ourselves.
During the autumn and winter months, the weather can be cold and wet and the dark nights can often leave some dog owners feeling a little vulnerable. The last thing that anyone really feels like doing is going out on a dark and rainy evening to take their dog for a walk. Some dog walkers offer evening services that can cater for just this.
If you only have one dog, he or she may greatly benefit from being taken on walks with other dogs. Dog walkers offer group walks enabling your pet to play and interact with other dogs in a safe and exciting environment.
Large dogs can often prove to be difficult and strenuous to walk. They need long, energetic walks but keeping them on a lead can be awkward and straining, especially for the elderly. An experienced walker would be able to take the strain away by giving it the walks it needs leaving you to enjoy the company of your dog at home!
Dog walkers are very handy for those days when you know that, with the best will in the world, you will not have the time or energy to take your pet for a walk. A professional person with a love of dogs is there for that very need.
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Maple Ridge and near by communities.