If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Kelvin Grove, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Kelvin Grove Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalker in Kelvin Grove Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Need A Local Dog Walker: Questions To Find The Right Match For Your Dog?
Most people who do not exercise tend to be prone to diseases like cardiovascular diseases or even chronic diseases. The best exercise some people get is walking from the front door to the car, which will probably be a meter or so. Later, a life threatening condition is discovered and the doctors send you on an exercise program. Just like us, dogs also need to exercise even if you have a big backyard. Even though you live in up market Beverly Hills or Pacific Palisades, where there is plenty of space, your dog still needs to go out. Behavior of dogs has been studied and the dogs with behavioral problems are those that live in isolation and do not get enough exercise. The energy that your dog has will be dissipated on chewing up and scratching the sofas and digging up your favorite roses.
Most dog owners just do not have the time to indulge their pets. If you live in Calgary, then you are in luck. There are pet sitting service providers who will take your dog walking for you. All you need to do is mention where you are and your dog will be collected for his day out. Dog walkers can be hired for a specified period of time from 30 minutes to 2 hours. This will depend on you, the dog parent. The longer a dog is out the better. There are different types of walks offered. There are normal walks like those to the park or just around the neighborhood. These are generally short walks. Then there are nature walks where your dog is taken to the countryside. These walks will take a longer period of time. Nature walks are the best gift to any dog. Not only does he get to be off the leash, he can explore around. Some dog walkers provide a one to one basis service. This is where only your dog is taken out without other dogs. Your dog will enjoy the attention that he will get. There is also group walking. It is also beneficial for your dog as he will learn how to behave with other dogs.
You will see a change in the way your dog behaves. You will be able to manage him better. Obviously he will have to learn leash etiquettes and other basic commands. Some of the most important commands are heel, come and stay. Once he has learned how to heel; he will follow where you lead. Those are just some of the rewards you will get from trusting the Calgary dog walking experts with your dog.
At the end of the day, your dog is rejuvenated physically, mentally and spiritually. This will definitely contribute immensely to growth. Your dog will be healthier and happier. You can look through pet sitting service providers to find the right dog walker and dog walking routine that will suit you and your beloved pet. Walking will keep your dog healthy always.
How to Select a Dog Walking Service?
If you'd like to hire a professional local dog walker you'll want to interview several candidates, just like you would for a daycare provider for your child. But if you've never interviewed a pet walker you may be unsure of what to ask. Here then is a list of questions you'll want to ask a local dog walker before allowing her to take your FiFi out without you.
1. How many pets do you walk at one time? It's more common in large cities for a professional walker to walk multiple dogs at one time whereas most pet walkers in smaller communities will often only walk one dog at a time. If Fido enjoys being with other canines, it might not matter but if Fido isn't socialized or doesn't walk particularly well on a leash, you may not want him to be walked with other dogs.
2. What experience do you have in this profession? If you have a bichon it may be possible for anyone to walk her. However, if you have a bull mastiff you need a person that knows how to control canines as they walk. This may be because your dog will just sit down when she's tired or because she likes to run after cats along the way.
3. What is a typical walk? You want to know how long the walk is as well as whether the dog is under the "walk" command at all times or if there is any "free time" during the walk for the dog to explore and sniff at his leisure. Also, if your dog is a runner, will the service provider run with him, or will he be left unsatisfied because of a slow-pace walk.
4. Do you take water on the walk? Depending on the temperature and the breed of dog, your dog might need a water break partway through the walk.
5. Speaking of weather, do you walk in all types of weather? If you live in rainy Seattle or cold Cleveland, you need a dependable walker who is accustomed to the local weather.
6. What is your favorite breed of dog and/or what kind of dog do you own? While your local dog walker may be willing to walk any dog, you may want someone who has a particular affinity for your dog's breed. They'll be more in tune with the breed's characteristics. For example, I own a bulldog and you can't physical make her do anything. She is too strong. But it is so easy to coax her to do something. That is a common trait in the bulldog breed.
7. Are you certified? Certification within the dog-walking industry is a new thing, so if your prospective walker is certified, consider them to be a leader in his/her field.
8. Do you have business insurance? Every business owner should have business insurance and a local dog walker is no exception.
9. Will you take my pet to the vet if something happens during the walk? Of course, you want the answer to this to be "yes" but don't wait until the need arises to ask the question. Ask it upfront.
If you like what you hear in terms of answers to these questions, then you'll want to set up a play date between your dog and the local dog walker. Watch how they interact. You want your dog to like her walker and you want the walker to genuinely like your dog.
The Business of Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Kelvin Grove and near by communities.