If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Highfield, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Highfield Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Dogs are man's best friend, it's true, but they need attention throughout the day. They need to be let out, fed and exercised. Chances are though, that you are busy during that daytime Mon-Fri at work, so what happens to your best friend then?
Why not find a local dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk, even when you can't. Many pet sitters also offer Dog walking and puppy / Doggie day care service. The walk may be either one-to-one or there may be group of dogs depending on how the dog walker works, so you'll need to check this when speaking to them.
Puppy Day Care
However some dogs need more attention through the day, especially puppies. Do you want to come home from work to find your best shoes all chewed up or do you want them fully entertained including feeding, exercise and attention, then puppy day care may be something to look into.
Dog Visiting or Dog Sitting,
Alternatively perhaps your dog doesn't need as much company, but does need to be let out, fed or medicated a couple of times a day while you're out. Pet sitters usually offer a visiting service where they pop in to your house to check on your dog, for short periods during the day. They can give your dog some attention while carrying out the care you've requested. They can also carry out a few small housekeeping jobs like cleaning up little accidents, picking up the post, taking the bins out. All of which should be discussed in advance with you sitter.
So which is the best option. Well that's just a matter of preference for you and your best friend to decide on.
Deciding on a Good Dog Walking Firm.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Information - How to Find a Good Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Highfield and near by communities.