If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Greenwood Greenbriar, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Greenwood Greenbriar Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenwood Greenbriar Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Some Things To Know About Professional Dog Walking.
Why would you hire a dog walker? Surely if you took the time to buy a dog, you knew of the commitment and was well aware that your new best friend would need walks? With the growing trend of hiring other people to walk our pets for us, it may lead us to question what makes dog walkers so special and why would anyone want to hire one? Well, here a 5 reasons to consider.
For those of us that work, we often feel guilty that our beloved pets may be left at home, lonely, bored and sometimes frightened. A hired dog walker can help with this. They offer services that involve collecting dogs during the day and taking them for a good, long walk when we can't always manage it ourselves.
During the autumn and winter months, the weather can be cold and wet and the dark nights can often leave some dog owners feeling a little vulnerable. The last thing that anyone really feels like doing is going out on a dark and rainy evening to take their dog for a walk. Some dog walkers offer evening services that can cater for just this.
If you only have one dog, he or she may greatly benefit from being taken on walks with other dogs. Dog walkers offer group walks enabling your pet to play and interact with other dogs in a safe and exciting environment.
Large dogs can often prove to be difficult and strenuous to walk. They need long, energetic walks but keeping them on a lead can be awkward and straining, especially for the elderly. An experienced walker would be able to take the strain away by giving it the walks it needs leaving you to enjoy the company of your dog at home!
Dog walkers are very handy for those days when you know that, with the best will in the world, you will not have the time or energy to take your pet for a walk. A professional person with a love of dogs is there for that very need.
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Tips for Finding a Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Greenwood Greenbriar and near by communities.