If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Greenview Industrial Park, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Greenview Industrial Park Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Dog Walking Services - How to Pick a Dog Walker?
Dog walking can be a tremendous stress reliever and bring immense happiness when dog and owner are at one. However some people dread dog walking as it can be a nightmare from start to finish, if your dog pulls and is trying to run away. This is why it's vitally important to train your dog and ensure that you and your dog have a walk you'll both enjoy.
- Pulling on the lead
This sounds pretty simple but a lot of dogs if not trained properly can turn dog walking into a very tedious task for the owner as the majority of the time is spent being dragged along by their dog and their arm being wrenched out of its socket.
A simple tip for this is to start as soon as you leave the house by showing your dog who is in charge of the walk and who is walking who. He needs to understand that you control the walk from the speed to where you go. It's important that you don't let him pull at the end of the lead. The end of the lead and the loop should go through your right hand so you've got complete control in case he breaks loose and your left hand you should hold firmly towards the bottom of the lead, about a foot from the dog's neck. This way you have complete control of how far away from you he is and he won't be able to stray too far ahead or lag behind. If he tries to wander or pull hold him firmly and when he does start to heel give the lead some slack so he knows he's doing it correctly.
- Using commands
The most important command when dog walking is "heel". This should mean stay to my left side and heel obediently. Before you even start dog walking get your dog to sit, then when you begin to walk say heel in a firm voice and make your dog walk at your left side. If he tries to pull or run, stop him, make him sit and try again. Repeat this process until he starts to realise what the command means. You can also use treats to praise him when he is doing it correctly.
- Use your voice
Remember to use your voice when you are dog walking, this is one of your most important tools. Your dog knows your voice and will know when you're happy or angry with him. Continue to praise him when he is doing well and use a harsh tone when he misbehaves on the walk. Voice commands work much better when dog walking than simply yanking at the lead, as he won't know what that means.
Finally always remember to pick up your dogs poop when out dog walking, it is only courteous to other people and there can be a big fine attached. Remember to always leave the house with spare poop bags and dispose in a dog bin which can always be found around dog friendly parks.
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services for Holidays.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Why You Should Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Greenview Industrial Park and near by communities.